PDA

View Full Version : annual pass question

cuteduck223
02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
With an annual pass, does that work the same as other discounts in terms of booking? If someone were to book now for November room only, would they be able to call and add the AP rate and dining when it was released?

Tink1
02-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Yes it does. IF the room is available (the ever present caveat)

Nanc

cuteduck223
02-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks!

MrPeetrie
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Cuteduck223, we have always used the AP discounts in the past. What I have done is to make my reservation (and place my deposit) where I'd like to stay, usually six to nine months out. Then, when the AP discounts are released, I've called back and asked to have my discout applied.

However, here are things to consider:
They only block a limited number of rooms for each resort to receive the AP discount. You have to call as soon as you see them released or you may get locked out. (Last year, I kind of dropped the ball. The only room I could get utilizing my AP discount at a moderate was a Pirate-themed room at Caribbean Beach Resort.)

Second, when the rates are first released, the AP discount is actually greater than it is closer to your arrival date. Again, I learned this the hard way last year.

After using my AP rate on my room, I had the room paid off about six weeks prior to arrival. Then, we decided to add the dining plan. The entire package had to be refunded and re-purchased complete with a new reservation number, this time ADDING the dining plan. The price jumped nearly $1,200 for a 10-night stay. I questioned the price and asked if my AP rate was applied. I was told it was. I wasn't satisfied and called back three days later. This time, I spoke to someone more proficient with the AP rates. The CM explained to me when the new package was created, I received my current AP discount. But, I should have received an EARLY-BOOKING AP discount, which was greater. It saved $150 off the total package.

Just things to consider. Good Luck!

cuteduck223
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks. In your experience if you call the week AP rates are released are you able to get it applied to your room? We can reserve rooms this week (traveling with a larger group) but some of them are on more of a budget. A few hundred dollars won't make a difference, but if it ends up being impossible to get the AP rate, then we have a problem.

MrPeetrie
02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Cuteduck223, I only had a problem once and that's because I waited to long to ask for the AP rate. All the rooms were gone EXCEPT the Pirate-themed rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort. Those were higher priced, too.

I've used the AP rates for each trip since 2000and I haven't had any trouble. But I usually call within 48 hours of seeing the rate posted.

In the past, I needed a new reservation number. On the last trip, they kept the same number.

Melanie
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks. In your experience if you call the week AP rates are released are you able to get it applied to your room? We can reserve rooms this week (traveling with a larger group) but some of them are on more of a budget. A few hundred dollars won't make a difference, but if it ends up being impossible to get the AP rate, then we have a problem.

This worrying is exactly why I'd let Magical Journeys handle your booking. They do all the work for you, and find and apply all the discounts, all free of charge to you. I wouldn't plan a trip to WDW or Disneyland without them!

Dopey's Girl
02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
This worrying is exactly why I'd let Magical Journeys handle your booking. They do all the work for you, and find and apply all the discounts, all free of charge to you. I wouldn't plan a trip to WDW or Disneyland without them!

This exactly. Just the thought of doing all that calling makes me crazy. Wendy to the rescue and it's all done. Try Magical Journeys. You won't regret it!