PDA

View Full Version : No ADRS

disneynarula
02-27-2012, 12:59 PM
I know I posted something similar before but has anyone ever taken a trip and not made any ADRs? We are going to use the DDP against my better judgement. I was going to make an ADR for Boma and a breakfast at Chef Mickey's but wanted to wing it from there. Is this just too big of a risk?

vicster
02-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I know I posted something similar before but has anyone ever taken a trip and not made any ADRs? We are going to use the DDP against my better judgement. I was going to make an ADR for Boma and a breakfast at Chef Mickey's but wanted to wing it from there. Is this just too big of a risk?

What time of year are you going?

dizneydeb22
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Depends on the time of year you are going and if free dining is being offered. If free dining is offered I would recommend getting on the phone or online ASAP! It also depends on the size of your party. It is easier to get a table for 2 than for 8!

MizMissy
02-27-2012, 02:12 PM
I think it is possible to go without ADRs if you are flexible. However, if you are buying the DDP and know you have X number of TS credits, to me it would be better to make ADRs so that you don't risk losing money. I would think a "winging it" trip would be better if you did not have the DDP. Also, as others questioned, it really depends on what time of year you are going.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Since you have the DDP, and you don't want to loose the credits, I would book the meals you think you want ... you can always cancel or change if needed, but at least you're set.

mom2morgan
02-27-2012, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't risk it. You can probably find SOMETHING on property available for every meal, but that is going to mean phoning around (or walking around!) a lot. I think trying to find a place to eat would become one of your major and most time consuming activities. We've only gone without ADR's on times when we were fully prepared to eat Counter Service (and although we didn't try TOO hard we did walk up to a few places to see about getting in, and were always given a time frame hours from when we were hoping to eat.)

faline
02-27-2012, 06:30 PM
I've not yet made any dining reservations for my next trip and am thinking I might not. We've gone a couple of times for a long weekend when we made the decision to go at the last minute and did not make any dining reservations. We were able to get into Liberty Tree Tavern as a walk-up and also into Le Cellier (also as a walk up). We were fully prepared to be turned away and to dine elsewhere.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Since you have the DDP, and you don't want to loose the credits, I would book the meals you think you want ... you can always cancel or change if needed, but at least you're set.

Just keep in mind the cancellation policy if you decide last minute to cancel . . . . :thumbsup:

disneynarula
02-28-2012, 06:38 AM
I guess I should have said that we are going Jan 4-11th. I guess I will just go ahead and book my ADRs.

If there is not a fee associated with the reservation can we cancel the morning of?

Ms. Mode
02-28-2012, 08:47 AM
I guess I should have said that we are going Jan 4-11th. I guess I will just go ahead and book my ADRs.

If there is not a fee associated with the reservation can we cancel the morning of?

We have gone for New Year's week the past three years and it can be QUITE crowded! 2013 I would say at least the 4th thru 6th to make your ADRs, you may be ok with the rest of your trip (it's a guessing game). However, there have been times when we needed to change an ADR the morning of; just go to the concierge desk and ask what's available...they can call up everything for you right there at the desk and schedule your ADR too. :mickey:

AmandaChan
02-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I have never gotten DDP but if I was I personally would not take the chance of not making any ADR's.... you will get lucky every now and then and get a table here and there but what if you decide you really want to eat somewhere, and even try to make res while you're there and you can't!! That would stink. If you're wanting to wing it, I would probably not get the DDP. IMHO.

Fangorn
02-28-2012, 05:33 PM
We were there the middle of January this year. We had the dining plan. We only made ADRs for 'Ohana and lunch at Le Cellier. We had absolutely no problem getting in anywhere, including Narcoossee's, Coral Reef, Yachtsman, Kona Cafe (more than once) and Crystal Palace (8:05am breakfast). All of those were made day of or the day before (CP).

BTW, the original ADR for 'Ohana was for Sunday but we were able to change it to Monday (better time) with a phone call on Saturday. Plus, Le Cellier was taking walk-ups the day we were there.

I'm thinking the new credit card deposit required at certain restaurants is really helping to ease availability.

Steve

greengeen
02-28-2012, 07:07 PM
The first part of your trip will be crowded. Yes, you can wing it if you don't mind being disappointed, frustrated, and hungry. I saw so many people turned away last January, it's not funny.

TheDuckRocks
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM

Remember as of Oct. 26, 2011 Disney adopted a new reservation cancellation policy for some restaurants. These reservations require a credit card number to quarantee the reservation and will charge $10 per person if cancellations are not made at least one day in advance. It is my understanding that this is even for people using the DDP.
The list of restaurants I have seen where they will be doing this is:
1900 Park Fare, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Artist Point, California Grill, Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Citricos, The Crystal Palace, Flying Fish Cafe, Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, Jiko, Le Cellier, Narcoosee's, Ohana, Tusker House, Brown Derby, Victoria and Albert's ($25) and Yachtsman Steakhouse.