PDA

View Full Version : Can you get a small fridge in room at POP?

Alpha Jeanie
02-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Can you get or rent a small refrigerator in your room at Pop Century? I want to take water bottles with us, but there is no point if you don't have a fridge to cool them in. If you can rent them, do you know how much they charge per day?

Our other option is to buy a small disposable cooler when we stop on the way to the resort from the airport to buy water.

faline
02-27-2012, 09:42 AM
I believe the rental cost is $12/day.

If you just want to keep water cold, you might be better served with a disposble coooler that you can discard at the end of your trip. I also have a collapsable one that you could pack in your luggage so you might look for something like that.

PETE FROM NYC
02-27-2012, 04:52 PM
We stayed in Pop 9/09. I requested a free medical fridge for my insulin. It was tiny, and had no freezer unit to freeze my medicool packs. Had to bring my packs to luggage services every night and pick them up in AM .
THIS WAS A MAJOR INCONVENIENCE.

darthmacho
02-27-2012, 06:00 PM
I believe the rental cost is $12/day.

If you just want to keep water cold, you might be better served with a disposble coooler that you can discard at the end of your trip. I also have a collapsable one that you could pack in your luggage so you might look for something like that.

OMG! I forgot to request one for our trip. The cooler might be a good idea though, because I'd have to shell out another $156 for a fridge for a 13 night stay. I wonder how I could transport a cooler on the plane though? I don't suppose they sell them at Pop? Lol

faline
02-27-2012, 06:11 PM
I wonder how I could transport a cooler on the plane though? I don't suppose they sell them at Pop? Lol

I have one that I received as a gift quite some time back. It's a fairly decent size, is insulated and has a plastic insert (for cold items) which removes if you want to transport hot items in it. It also folds down into a reasonable size and could fit into a suitcase. For car travel, we've used frozen cold packs to keep things cold. For hotel use, we've had the plastic insert and filled with ice. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is or even if it's still available but you might try a search for something similar.

KatrinaJ91
02-27-2012, 07:38 PM
We got one when we stayed there in December and it was $10/night.

disneynarula
02-28-2012, 06:53 AM
You could also buy a soft sided cooler before you go that would pack flat in a suitcase. I found one at a thrift store for $1 and tossed it when we were done.

Alpha Jeanie
03-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Thank you for all the info. I have decided to take along a small "soft" collapsible cooler to use to keep our drinks cold in the room.