PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic/Fireworks questions

Mary Chase
02-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Thinking about going to DL in November around Thanksgiving:

1) I thought I heard that Fantasmic was only on select nights in the summer (on the DL planning DVD). Does anyone know if Fantasmic will be showing around the time I'm going?

2) Is Fantasmic really a "standing room only" show?

3) Heard something about a Fantasmic dessert party. Has anyone done this and is there actual seating for this? Thinking it might be worth it even if it's pricey if we had seats. I have two little kids and at 9:00 at night, I'm not sure they'll be able to stand for a 30-40 minute show.

4) Are fireworks really only done on weekends around that time of year?

Really wanted to try DL after many visits to WDW - especially when I realized that if we stayed at a good neighbor hotel, we'd probably be at the same price as going to WDW. Really excited about being in walking distance to DL - not having to deal with buses, getting to try new rides, trying Carsland, etc. I think the thing I'm most nervous about is the Fantasmic viewing. It's so late at night as it is, I just don't know if my kids will be able to do something that is standing room only. I'd really be interested in hearing from someone who has done this with little kids. My kids aren't "napping" little - but by 9:00 they just might be really tired. Thanks in advance for any replies/advice!

2Epcot
02-27-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm not sure what the firework schedule will be then. Fantasmic is standing at Disneyland, though the area in the very front next to river is a sitting area. People there sit on the ground. I do believe the dessert area has seats, though I've never done that.

eeyorepoohfan
02-27-2012, 02:00 PM
We just went to Disneyland right before Thanksgiving last year (and have been on several other occasions). When we went, they were running Fantasmic every night, they were also showing World of Color and the Fireworks every night. For Fantasmic, I have never done the dessert party, so I'm not sure how it works. However, seating is basically first come first serve for everyone else. You usually need to get there at least 1-1 1/2 hours ahead of time to get a good spot. People set down blankets to stay warm and be comfy. You can grab some snacks to eat and enjoy while you are there. If you really don't want to be there early and are willing to stand for just the show, there is a bridge that crosses in front of Pirates of the Carribean towards Tarzan treehouse. We stood and watched the end of the show there to beat the crowd out. It's a little farther back but still lets you see the show. Anyone sitting up at the front section, near the railings, must stay seated. So no worries about someone tall in front of you (you can have that problem at World of Color). You may get misted sitting near the front. On the night you want to see the evening entertainment, see if you can get the kids to get in a good nap and that may help them to stay awake. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Mary Chase
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
We just went to Disneyland right before Thanksgiving last year (and have been on several other occasions). When we went, they were running Fantasmic every night, they were also showing World of Color and the Fireworks every night. For Fantasmic, I have never done the dessert party, so I'm not sure how it works. However, seating is basically first come first serve for everyone else. You usually need to get there at least 1-1 1/2 hours ahead of time to get a good spot. People set down blankets to stay warm and be comfy. You can grab some snacks to eat and enjoy while you are there. If you really don't want to be there early and are willing to stand for just the show, there is a bridge that crosses in front of Pirates of the Carribean towards Tarzan treehouse. We stood and watched the end of the show there to beat the crowd out. It's a little farther back but still lets you see the show. Anyone sitting up at the front section, near the railings, must stay seated. So no worries about someone tall in front of you (you can have that problem at World of Color). You may get misted sitting near the front. On the night you want to see the evening entertainment, see if you can get the kids to get in a good nap and that may help them to stay awake. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks so much for the info Eeyorepoohfan! You gave me some very helpful inforamtion. I think the kids would be okay if we were able to take a blanket and sit and watch the show - I just worried about them having to stand for a show that long that late at night. I wasn't sure if there were any seats at all. But I have no problem getting there an hour to an hour and a half early for it - that's pretty much how early you have to show up for Fantasmic at WDW. I'm very excited about trying out DL - I'm sure I'll have more questions aboug various things over the next few months as I decide whether to take the leap and try DL or to stick with WDW.

NewDVCowner
02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
The last time I saw it they were doing two shows at night. I happened to be walking by just as the first show ended. I just went into the front area (where everyone needs to sit) and snagged a place with no problem right then. If there are two shows I really recommend going to the second show and getting your seats right as the first show is letting out.

I've honestly seen people spreading out blankets at 4:00 in the afternoon for the first show. It's crazy how much park time people are willing to give up to be at the front. (Though the majority of park visitors are locals who have season passes.) If you can skip the first show for the second you won't need to sit around as long in order to get a seat.