PDA

View Full Version : Value resort recommendation for two teenage girls?

mom2morgan
02-25-2012, 09:14 PM
DD 19 and her friend are thinking of coming with is in Sept. and getting their own place, since staying with us at CBR and AKL isn't as budget friendly. Which Value do you think would be best for them? I suggested POP but don't really have any clear reasons for that. Also, do yuo think the Quick Service Dining Plan saves money, or no?

Itchy
02-26-2012, 12:55 AM
I would think that POP or All Star Movies ( Both are my Fav's ) or any or the other values would be great for your daughter and friend.

As far as the quick service, I have never used this so I don't know. I alway use the regular dining plan and love it for the simplicity of not budgeting for the extra bucks for meals.

If you prefer quick service it may work for you.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

disneymom15
02-26-2012, 09:31 AM
My daughter is 21, and her favorite value resort(and we've stayed at all 4)is Pop Century. I think the food court at Pop is much larger & offers more choices.

Can't help you on the quick service dining plan, sorry!

brownie
02-26-2012, 09:35 AM
I would go with Pop Century.

CuteAsMinnie
02-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I don't think they could go wrong with any of the value resorts. Maybe then could choose which they like bases on the theme.

Given girls that age (I have one of my own) usually don't eat that much, I definitely do not think the dining plan is the way to go. They could share an entree at a quick service restaurant for example and be plenty full since the portion sizes are always huge! As adults, we could never eat all the daily food on any of the dining plans.

:mickey:

KatrinaJ91
02-26-2012, 02:37 PM
We really like both Pop and Movies. They both have great food courts and are very nice.

I would recommend the QS plan. It is nice to have your food paid for in advance! We have used the QS plan several times and it is great! You get 2 meals and a snack every day, which is just enough food.

Kerry823
02-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I would recommend POP. My daughter is 19 and prefers POP over any of the other value resorts. Our favorite is Caribbean Beach. Art of Animation should be open by then....maybe they would like to give that a try!

mom2morgan
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I was just looking at the prince of QS dining plan, and for $35 I don't see it being all that cost effective - unless the prices for counter service food have gone way up since I as last there. But a QS meal used to cost about $10...

disneynarula
02-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Maybe you will get lucky with the free dining promotion that time of year!

Goofy4TheWorld
02-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Just throwing out there that if your budget needs to be as shoe-sting as possible then Pop Century costs $5 or $10 more (can't remember which for sure) per night than the All Start resorts.

disneynarula
02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing. The All Stars are a little cheaper. I would have them book a room through MJ and hope a discount comes along. A MJ agent will apply the discount automatically!

mom2morgan
02-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh, thanks! I assumed all the Values were the same. Any reason for Pop being a little higher, other than being a bit newer? I looked at Art of Animation, but it seems they will only have the family suites open at that time.

brownie
02-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Pop Century has become a preferred resort, probably due to its popularity. I believe rates can be higher at All-Star Movies than at All-Star Music or Sports, too.

kakn7294
02-28-2012, 01:11 PM
We really liked the theming and food court / gift shop at POP. I do know that in the past, a stay at any of the All Star resorts used to cost just a little bit more because they are located in a different county with a slightly different resort taxation rate. I don't know if this is still the case or if it accounts for why POP may cost a bit more.

For us, the QS dining plan is not worth it. Each meal includes a dessert which we don't buy when paying OOP and it includes the refillable mugs which we also never buy because we just don't use them. I'm admittedly very lazy and would rather use an outside grocery delivery service to have snacks and drinks in our room than walk to the food court to use the mugs. We also usually travel in the summer and stay out late so the food courts are generally closing up by the time we get back. We also don't generally eat that many snacks in a trip to use up the snack credits. However, for those who may not be able to stay on budget and have enough money for food by the end of the trip, it's nice to have that worry eliminated by having a pre-paid dining plan.