PDA

View Full Version : The last few ADR's I really need help on!...

mom2morgan
02-25-2012, 08:52 PM
These are the ones I"m really waffling over. - Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon, 50's Prime Time. In general, I don't like to go for breakfast...I prefer an evening sit-down, and think dinner is a better value. BUT.... my DD really wants to do breakfast at Tusker House. I'm thinking maybe the latest breakfast sitting so it takes the place of lunch? Then there is the Crystal Palace...somewhere along the way I got the idea that it would be really nice to do an early breakfast before the park opens. Is that really worth doing, though? Then there is Whispering Canyon - every time we go, I think "we really should try that some time"....but I'm just not sure. One member of our party is interested in 50's Prime TIme, so I'm wondering if I should swap Whispering Canyon for that?

hauntedmansiongirl
02-26-2012, 02:17 AM
We've never eaten at Tusker House but I can help with all of the others. Crystal Palace is nice once. It has the Pooh characters and is really pretty but the food is just okay. Nothing to write home about.

We love both Whispering Canyon Cafe and 50s Prime Time. WCC is in the Wilderness Lodge, which is worth the trip in itself! The restaurant is fun and they do neat things like horse races with the kids, the hokey pokey etc. They have a great all you can eat family style platter with fried chicken, pulled pork, corn, beans, mashed potatoes, corn bread and salad etc. which qualifies on the dining plan. You can also get all you drink milkshakes, which are amazing! They change up the flavours- the cotton candy one was great! They have a good caramel apple pie that we always have to take home and eat for breakfast the next day!

50s PT has such a great atmosphere. You are visiting your "Aunt," "Uncles" or "cousin's" house from the 50s. It really feels like you could be at your sweet elderly Aunt's house! There are TVs scattered around that play clips from old 50s sitcoms. The older generation loves that part! They also have all you can drink milkshakes and malts (we love the chocolate malt and the peanut butter & jelly shake). The fried chicken and the sundaes are great too. And the waiters interact with you- making you set the table, eat all your veggies etc. It's a riot for kids! You'll really love either place! :mickey:

mgmnut
02-26-2012, 08:25 AM
We tried Whispering Canyon in July when we stayed at WL and everyone really enjoyed it. We always seem to find ourselves back at 50's Prime Time. If I had to choose between them? I think I would pick 50's. Sorry, We haven't eaten in Crystal Palace in years, and never been to Tusker House so not much help there.

cajundisneyfreak
02-26-2012, 09:45 AM
I would choose both the Whispering Canyon & 50's Primetime.The food and atmosphere at both is great.It's a must do every trip.:mickey:

mydisneygirls
02-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I would suggest WCC or Crystal Palace. WCC is much more reasonable for breakfast cost wise. On our last trip, we ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's and that was the last breakfast we will have. I couldn't justify spending over $100 for the three of us. I think WCC is about $16 pp and the resort is beautiful. We also ate at 50's Prime TIme and didn't enjoy it at all. The food was just so so and the day we were there, we didn't see once skit from any of the waitstaff. My dd's we very disappointed and that is one place we have crossed off our list. We had better food at the Columbia Harbour House!!!! We are more of dinner people also, so I don't bother with breakfast ADRs.

gaffz70
02-26-2012, 12:50 PM
We always enjoy WCC.
I couldn't wait to try 50's prime time and was disappointed. I think the draw here is the entertainment and involvement of the servers - our's was pretty non existent . I think it can be hit/ miss there. Crystal palace is ok, it was fun when the kids were younger, but now it seems loud and crowded - just not for us anymore.

Wish I could comment on Tusker house - heard it is good, but haven't been there yet.

Cinderelley
02-29-2012, 12:49 AM
I love doing an early breakfast at Crystal Palace before the park opens. It is ALWAYS a must do for us, even though I'm not a big fan of Winnie the Pooh and as a night shift employee, dragging myself out of bed that early is a chore. :laughing:

I have eaten at WCC multiple times and 50's once. I wasn't really impressed with either of them.

I couldn't comment on Tusker House. I haven't eaten there.