PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Trippin' 2012....

RavsRuleDisney!
02-25-2012, 11:11 AM
So it's on!! :mickey: :mickey: April 9-15 we're back to the "World"....

Haven't been back since 11/10 so me, DW and the DS' are excited to head down, even during busy Easter week. We're staying at Riverside - 2nd time around - with the DS' 10 & 12 now, staying on the monorail line for convenience is no longer a necessity (miss ya POLY! :( ) We really enjoy the Riverside look and my older DS loves eating at Boatwrights. We are also driving (in-laws in Del Ray first) so we have our own "wheels" if need be.

We are changing one key item from all prior trips -- NO DINING PLAN! We have some ressies already lined up but we're going to try the have some food in the room, go light and quick on most breakfasts and lunches, and enjoy a few nice, sit down dinners scenario. O'Hanas is a definate. Crunching the numbers means we should save some bucks - will report back post-trip on the results!

Potential highlights this trip....must FINALLY grab a sammie at Earl of Sandwich, hit up a water park(haven't done so in several trips), checking out the Fantasyland progress, watching my older DS pilot a speedboat first time, dig into a turkey leg, relax and have some fun.

Just thinking as I sit here, time flies by so fast and it seems like just yesterday we were heading south with a 2 and 4 year old in tow for our first family Disney adventure....and we've been fortunate to make almost yearly trips down since. Countless pictures, videos and memories from these great visits seem to mark time as our two little ones have grown. My DW and I cherish these times because we're sure they'll come a stage in our DS' lives when they might not be so eager to head off with mom and dad to Disney (sports, college, girlfriends, etc.- oh my! ;) ). Until then, I simply say....thanks, Disney.

TysMomTink
02-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Have an awesome time! :mickey:

faline
02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Have a wonderful time! The thought of a sandwich from Earl of Sandwich makes my mouth water!!!

SBETigg
02-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Sounds like you're all planned out and ready to go! I've read conflicting information on boat age limits, so you might want to double check that if he's planning on going alone to avoid potential disappointment.

vizsla
02-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

emerzmom
02-26-2012, 11:22 AM
I hope you have a great trip. Make some more of those Disney magic memories!
:mickey:
Julie

CuteAsMinnie
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
We've gone with DD and DS every 3 years (every year won't work since DH and now DS are resort (WL) snobs and won't consider anywhere else) since DD was 2 1/2. Two trips ago, we were very sad knowing that would be our last trip with the kids for all the reasons you mentioned. Well, year three is next year and the kids are wishing we were going this year! DD is now an almost 20 college girl and gives us the "crazy parent" look when we ask her if she STILL wants to come AND DS, almost 17 claims he will never be too old to ride Pooh with Mom (as long as we stay at WL). When I mention just DH and I will go one year so we can attend the Food and Wine festival, they think that would be 'really mean' to go without them. I'm enjoying these moments! :cloud9:

Enjoy yours too!

RavsRuleDisney!
03-01-2012, 10:00 AM
We've gone with DD and DS every 3 years (every year won't work since DH and now DS are resort (WL) snobs and won't consider anywhere else) since DD was 2 1/2. Two trips ago, we were very sad knowing that would be our last trip with the kids for all the reasons you mentioned. Well, year three is next year and the kids are wishing we were going this year! DD is now an almost 20 college girl and gives us the "crazy parent" look when we ask her if she STILL wants to come AND DS, almost 17 claims he will never be too old to ride Pooh with Mom (as long as we stay at WL). When I mention just DH and I will go one year so we can attend the Food and Wine festival, they think that would be 'really mean' to go without them. I'm enjoying these moments! :cloud9:

Enjoy yours too!

Good to hear the "Disney Magic" :mickey: fights those teenage years! And reading up here i realized we have to add SWSA to our must list - sounds like the evil witch has finally met her match....RIP!! :(

shadowden
04-19-2012, 01:11 PM
My DW and I cherish these times because we're sure they'll come a stage in our DS' lives when they might not be so eager to head off with mom and dad to Disney (sports, college, girlfriends, etc.- oh my! ;) ). Until then, I simply say....thanks, Disney.

My wife and I feel the same way...