PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP Question

Miss Tink 2
02-25-2012, 09:02 AM
When are the dates for the MVMCP normally released? We are going to be there this year right after Thanksgiving(our first time during Christmas!) Is it worth the extra money you have to pay for this? Would love everyone's opinion. Thanks all!

JoDisney
02-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Yes, it is worth going to MVMCP. Our family has gone several times as we live in Florida. However, we have stopped going these last few years, as we just did not want to go. A person should do MVMCP at least once. You can do a search on the MVMCP and you will see other opinions.

AllDisney
02-25-2012, 01:03 PM
We have been a couple of times during our visits in December. It's worth going to a least once:number1:

Our last visit to WDW December 2011 we didn't go and missed not going:(

Go & enjoy

Strmchsr
02-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Dates are usually released and tickets go on sale around May 1.

As for is it worth it? Depends. That's a lot of money and all you really get extra that you can't get on a normal park evening is the parade, Holiday Wishes (though you can see those outside the parks) and "snow" on Main St. I've enjoyed it, and it probably is worth doing once, but it seems like a LOT of money for not many benefits. I think the MNSSHP actually offers more.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Once maybe. Exciting the first time. Loved the idea. Since then we just seem to be overwhelmed by the CROWDS! IMO they are selling too many tickets to make it enjoyable now. Found it hard to get from event to event.

Quadstriker
02-25-2012, 03:36 PM
We went the first night of MVMCP last year at the end of our honeymoon. Nov. 8 I think?

For me, just the snow on main street made it worth the price, but I live in the desert.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-26-2012, 02:35 PM
For me, just the snow on main street made it worth the price, but I live in the desert.

I loved that, too! But you can get snow in DS at the Osbourne Lights. :mickey:

Miss Tink 2
02-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks all! We will make it a must to do when we go! We are so excited to be going at Christmas time for the first time!