PDA

View Full Version : DBF Won Fantasy Superbowl so "We're Going to Disney World" - Day 2!

TinkerbellT421
02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
So DBF won his Fantasy Football Superbowl and when his friends asked what he was doing with his win, "We're going to Disney World!"

Cast of characters are:
DBF
Me

**I apologize in advance for my long trip reports. I am obsessed with writing so I tend to go into a lot of details :blush: **

2nd day; January 22, 2012

Well, after a much needed good nights rest, we awoke refreshed and happy as can be that we are in Disney!! DBF woke up at 5:30am, can’t you sleep gah! He sort of woke me up when I felt him stirring about but I tried to fall back asleep. :sleepin:DBF went and bought us the new refillable mugs! YAY! One more to add to the collection J I love bringing my coffee to work in my Disney mugs! I always get my money worth that’s for sure! Don’t wake me till coffee, that’s the motto to start of a good morning around me LOL :coffee:. So about 6:30am DBF was back with a couple of muffins and our coffees, yummy. Chocolate chip muffin for me, Blueberry muffin for him. I prefer Blueberry myself, but DBF knowing my love for Chocolate chip he thought that would be the winning choice. It was still delicious from the Boardwalk Bakery!

Today is football Sunday! WOOOHOOO!!! Patriots are in the playoffs and playing Baltimore, should be a good game! DBF and I being from New England, it’s the Patriots all the way for us. The plan is decking out in our Pats gear and heading over to see our favorite bar tender in town Gina! She’s the best! :football:

So after waking up a bit, showered and dressed me in my Patriots jersey (Pats colors but not bulky it’s more of a women’s tight fit jersey) and my Pats hat, DBF in his Pat’s golf shirt. Off we go. Started drinking a tad early, we were in terrific moods to start off early hehe. So about noon we grab a couple beers (hey, it’s five o’clock somewhere, right? Plus, hey we are on vacation!) :beer: walk down to the Boardwalk and arrive at ESPN Club, perfect timing, great spot right at the bar right in Gina’s section. Game doesn’t start for a few hours so we spent some time eating a Homerun Hot Dog, yummy! With the melty cheese for my fries, double yummy! :eat:Drinking some Bud Light pitchers and chatting with a couple of locals there for the game and a great guy from San Fransico who was actually rooting for San Fran in the later game but he was there early to guarantee a good spot! We are now Facebook friends, I love meeting people in Disney! He was soooo much fun!

Well, just like suspected it was a GREAT game, could have gone either way and thankfully the Pat’s pulled it out, barely. But a win is a win. The Patriots are off the the superbowl! woohoo LOL. Met some great people, met a really bitter Baltimore fan for whatever reason went out of his way to try and ruin our good time. He left yelling swearing and giving a not so nice gesture on his way out. Oh well. It is what it is. Spent an hour or so after the game and then started to feel a little tipsy. Woops.

Went back to the room and got the great idea to change into our bathing suits and head on down to the hot tub. We went over to the quiet side hot tub, that’s the one we actually prefer. We walked through the main pool area but there were a lot of people still around. Come to find out, Boardwalk Villas is now showing movies on a blow up movie screen like they do at the Beach Club beach. They put the pool chairs in a circle near the main pool. Good to know for the future. That’s definitely new, they weren’t doing that last year and haven’t even seen anyone mention it here on the boards. After a couple hours at the hot tub we were wiped and it was ready for beddy-byes! Night night!

SBETigg
02-25-2012, 10:43 AM
The win against Baltimore was a nail biter, but still pretty fantastic. If only the Super Bowl had gone better, but hey- we got there, and that was most of the fun. Next year. You couldn't have been at a better place to watch.

TinkerbellT421
02-25-2012, 12:23 PM
It was a great game for sure. I look forward to those nail bitters. I think I like the stress! lol I for sure got a gray hair watching that game though! haha I found it the next day. It was a great place to be that day. I completely forgot to mention something that happened that day at the ESPN club but it won't let me edit the post to add it :(

faline
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Just add your additional information in a new response to your original post.

Fun day of relaxation and football! Too bad the Superbowl didn't turn out better for those of us in New England!!

TinkerbellT421
03-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Sorry for the delay, have been of Intercot for a couple weeks.

To add what I lacked to mention in the original part of the trip report.

Prior to the game start ESPN Club has their live version of ESPN Radio Sports. Well during this they interact with the crowd. Of course me being the loud moth Italian always gets involved. A couple of times they asked question in which I fun, but obnoxiously, called out the answer to (like they asked) and started having the guy having fun with me back and forth. Right before game time they asked one final question to win a prize. They asked what our favorite ESPN Disney memory was, it had to take place at the ESPN Club in Disney to count. During their commercial break they asked for volunteers. Before DBF could even blink he turned to talk to me and POOF I was already gone, he asks the guy next to me and says "Where did she go!?" and the guy started laughing and pointed to me up front at the front stage with the interview guy. DBF was like oh god there she goes! Well after telling him about my best memory being the first trip with DBF when we went to ESPN Club in Disney to watch the Patriots, Jets play off game for the Pats to go to the Superbowl that year. That was a great game! Well made him laugh and every laughed after I obnoxiously screamed that fact instead of calmly talking about that fond memory. On the way off he gave me to ESPN Club exclusive pins, one for me and one for DBF because the ESPN guy said he deserved it for bringing me along! That was a great time. :number1: