PDA

View Full Version : Table Service At Magic Kingdom?

Going2HeavenRU
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
My DH and I are making our ADRs in two weeks and we are trying to think of a good table service at the Magic Kingdom. We have already eaten at Cinderella's Castle three times and don't need to go back. We also didn't like Crystal Palace.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-24-2012, 10:05 PM
There aren't a lot of choices for TS at MK.

We really enjoyed our meal at Tony's (although I know some on INTERCOT have had a miserable experience there).

Liberty Tree Tavern is good, standard fare. Although we haven't been in the last couple of trips, we've never had a bad experience there.

Also, many people like the Plaza restaurant. The food is a bit lighter (think sandwiches), but very yummy!

If I was choosing, I'd head back to Tony's without hesitation. :eat:

tinksmom02
02-24-2012, 11:37 PM
If it were me, I'd leave MK, hop on the monorail, and head to the Poly for dinner at Kona or 'Ohana. Or head to the Grand Floridian for Narcoossee's. Or Cali Grill at the Contemporary.

We did the castle once, never felt the need to do it again. We try to do breakfast at CP when we have kids who want to meet characters. We've never done any other table services at MK...

Quadstriker
02-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Quick monorail to Poly - sushi bar - sounds like a winner to me!

Liberty Tree Tavern is serviceable in the MK.

Tinks, I feel the same way you do about the Castle. Food was meh. One time thing. No need to do it again.

Mom on a Mission
02-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Monorail to a resort is your best bet, but if you want to stay in MK, we always enjoy Tony's. All MK TS are likely to be overpriced, but if you just accept that, then you should enjoy your meal. Tony's usually has off menu specials that are the best thing to order.

BrerGnat
02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
I like Liberty Tree Tavern at LUNCH time, not dinner. Have a sit down lunch and then a light dinner later.

If you don't mind leaving the park, I agree with Kona Cafe at the Poly. YUM!

BelleBeauty
02-25-2012, 09:33 AM
I agree, monorail hopping is the best bet. DH and I had amazing seats at CA Grill in November. We had a window table for 2 for the fireworks. I felt the service was a bit rushed but you can't be that view of the fireworks :-) If you show up early with only 2 people you might have a better chance of getting a window seat like we did :mickey:

Madame Leona
02-25-2012, 09:44 AM
I like The Plaza but it is really just a sandwich place. We usually hop a monorail or a boat and eat at one of the resorts in the area. There is generally a better selection and it's a nice little break.

ElenitaB
02-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I like Liberty Tree Tavern at LUNCH time, not dinner. Have a sit down lunch and then a light dinner later.
Agreed! :thumbsup:

OR, have a sandwich or a burger at The Plaza. Either way, you're sure to have a nice lunch inside the Magic Kingdom.

Now if it's dinner you're looking for, I'd try to make an ADR at 'Ohana or the Grand Floridian Café.

buzznwoodysmom
02-25-2012, 02:43 PM
We normally try to eat at a monorail resort when at MK. However, we had a great meal at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner in December. Everything was great!

Kairi_7378
02-25-2012, 08:39 PM
We don't do TS in the Magic Kingdom... we tend to do lunch at CHH and dinner at Pecos' Bill. I'd also recommend taking the monorail to Kona or taking a boat to Wilderness Lodge.

kcrc
02-26-2012, 01:22 PM
When are they planning on opening Gaston's? That's supposed to be a table service for dinner. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones that get to try it out early on!

#1donaldfan
02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
You should try Tony's....it's a great atmosphere and the food is good !! As others have mentioned the "better" choices are away from the MK.....we really liked WCC at the WL !!:mickey:

disneynarula
02-27-2012, 12:49 PM
If you have the time I also think that hopping on the monorail for a dinner at one of the resorts is a better idea. I am not a fan of any of the TS at the Magic Kingdom. If I had to eat at the MK I would go to Tony's. It wasn't bad, it just did not wow me.

If it is just you and you husband why don't you book a late night meal somewhere after the park closes!

dizneydeb22
02-27-2012, 02:19 PM
I also agree with hopping on the monorail or a boat to one of the resorts. One of the overlooked restaurants is the Grand Floridian Cafe. They have great food and you can check out the resort while you are there!

JPL
02-28-2012, 08:32 PM
I have to agree that the options for a TS restaurant at the MK are extremely lacking in my opinion. Your best bet is to head to one of the Monorail resorts for dinner :thumbsup:

sonamae80
02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
The last trip we went on, we tried Tony's for the first time! And while I loved the atmosphere, I wasn't too impressed with my food! But, I'm a firm believer in second chances, so I will definitely try it again!

Our next trip has us having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and I'm so excited! I hope it lives up to the hype! ;)

Going2HeavenRU
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Thank you all for the great feedback. It gives a great deal more choices to think about.

RedSoxFan
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
We ate at Tony's in December and it was excellent. We also hopped the monorail and ate at Grand Floridian Cafe which was also great. Kona Cafe is another great place too.:mickey:

phillydan
03-07-2012, 03:05 AM
One of the overlooked restaurants is the Grand Floridian Cafe. They have great food and you can check out the resort while you are there!

Totally agree - I have been giving people this advice for years. Table service in MK is limited, and if you take the resort boat to the GF, it becomes a nice experience. The food is very good and the restaurnt is not "snobby" at all. Hop the monorail back to the MK - it is the first stop.

disneynarula
03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
The "High Tea" at the GF is a nice lunch option too!

AJ Springfield
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
We are not big TS fans-- just because we feel that we are paying to be in the park, why would we want to "waste" a couple hours at a TS when we are trying to get the most out of our day.

That being said, we did go to Cinderella's Castle for lunch (nothing that fabulous) in 2005. Glad we did- but won't do it again. In 2010 we went to the Plaza. It was very good...but tight! All 5 of us were around a tiny round table and there was barely room for the plates. This year we are trying Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. We have seen the attractions and rode the rides over our many trips and now we are ready to slow down and spend some valuable time in the restaurants.

So... to answer your question-- I would recommend The Plaza.

samandbrismom
03-14-2012, 08:25 AM
We ate at Tony's Town Square for the first time last year and LOVED IT!! We thought we'd give it a try even with all the negative reviews out there and it was great. Service was fast and the food was good. :mickey:

GBBT
03-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Monorail to Poly and eat at O'hana,,you will not be disappointed.Just imagine bread pudding with bananas foster sauce!!!:cloud9: