PDA

View Full Version : Going Home for the Holidays Final Thoughts

buzznwoodysmom
02-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Tuesday, December 27

Today we were up early, had breakfast in the room, packed up the car, and were on our way out around 9ish. I forgot to mention that while at the Boardwalk the night before we used some left over snack credits on stuff for breakfast this morning. I have to say, overall we weren't impressed with the selections or the quality at the bakery. But it was something to eat, and we got to use up all our credits.

We drove over to the Polynesian. It's become tradition for us to end our WDW vacations at the Poly. We used to always have breakfast at Ohana's before the drive home, but often times it puts us leaving too late so we've decided not to do it on our last few trips. We do still find time to at least visit the Poly one last time before we leave. We browsed through the gift shops, spent some time on the beach looking at the castle, took a last spin on the monorail, then did our traditional throwing of change into the fountian, wishing for a quick return to WDW! We do this on every trip and I can't imagine leaving without doing this. It's like "closure" for me. :blush:

Final Thoughts! We did the dining plan on this trip. Our last few trips were without the dining plan and with the price of food increasing on each trip we thought we may as well get the plan and be done with it. Well we felt it was just too much food. I felt like we were always eating, and still had trouble using all our credits. I don't like to be wasteful, and it just really seemed like a lot of waste. I'm so torn about the dining plan. DH likes that everything is paid for, but he agrees that it's just too much food. Not sure we'll do the dining plan in the future.

WL was amazing as always. It's truly our "home" in WDW, and you just can't beat staying here for Christmas. As much as we love it I don't know that we'll stay there again for a while. We've stayed at WL for a portion of our trips for the last 3 out of 4 trips, and we really want to change it up on our next few trips. I did notice that the rooms are looking a bit worn. Nothing major, and definitely nothing to complain about, but I think it's probably about time for a room refurb.

Christmas in WDW was everything we hoped for. We would have loved if it had been a bit cooler, just to make it feel more like Christmas, but the weather was absolutely perfect WDW weather. Warm enough to swim daily, but not be miserable in the parks. Would we do Christmas in WDW again? Probably so, but not for a while. The only thing that would stop me from doing Christmas again is the fact that we could have done the same exact trip for much less $$$ at a different time of year. Other than that it was a wonderful way for our family to spend Christmas!

I am going to try to do a quick Universal report for the two days we spent in Universal before WDW.

Thanks for reading!!!

emerzmom
02-23-2012, 12:46 PM
It sounds like an overall great trip. I have never done the dining plan myself. I have always thought it seemed like a waste as well. We usually only do one major meal a day and I don't think we have ever had 3 full meals in one day. As you said too much food.
Thanks for the report. I am looking forward to hearing about your Universal part of the trip.
:mickey:
Julie

faline
02-23-2012, 12:57 PM
I've enjoyed tagging along with your for your holiday trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the holiday report:mickey: