PDA

View Full Version : Disney Educational Programs

DisnIse
02-22-2012, 03:03 PM
We are headed down to Disney in July, and I was thinking about doing the Living Seas tour (I forget the actual name) with the twins, who will be turning 9 during our trip. There is one that is 16 and up... so this is the "other one."

When I was searching, though, I found that Disney Educational Programs offers more of a 3 hour "day camp" type program that they might enjoy even more.

I know that anything Disney does is amazing, so I don't doubt the quality, but I'm just looking for anyone who may have done these programs in the past. Anything I should consider?

It's cheaper to put the two boys in the Disney Ed program than for all of us to do a tour.... but of course if they're in their program, I don't get to see their little faces either.

Oh, it's a toss up!

Strmchsr
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
All of the Disney Educational Programs are excellent. You would have no worries putting your kids in those. They are, however, educationally focused events, not vacation focused-tours. Just depends on what you're looking for.

I think the Living Seas tour you're talking about is the AquaSeas tour. That's where you get a backstage tour of the Living Seas followed by being allowed to snorkle in the tank. It's a very cool experience I did with my son when he was 8. They also have DiveQuest which is for certified scuba divers ages 10 and up, which we did when my son turned 10 and got his open water certification. It's an incredible experience. The AquaSeas tour is nice for non-divers, but there's nothing like being 25 feet down and having a sand tiger shark swim 12 inches from your face. I think the other tour you're referring to is Dolphins In Depth. You might have to be 16 for that one. It's at least 13. We haven't done that one yet.

DisnIse
02-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Chris -
That is EXACTLY the feedback that I was hoping to get! I'm very okay with the Educational Programs being more structured. These kids get enough play time for crying out loud! :)
I found out yesterday that you MUST purchase a ticket package through the Youth Educational Series in order to participate, even if you have an annual pass. That tends to skew my numbers a little bit.
Looks like it'll be the dive program that 9 year olds can do!
:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
02-23-2012, 10:26 AM
I think the other tour you're referring to is Dolphins In Depth. You might have to be 16 for that one. It's at least 13. We haven't done that one yet.

You have to be 16 to go without an adult. You can be 13 but have to be accompanied by an adult. DBF and I just did the Dolphins in Depth tour in January and it was absolutely amazing. :cloud9: It was the greatest experience I will always treasure in my memories. Words cannot express how much I loved that experience. I have not done any of the other tours.