PDA

View Full Version : Just booked!!!

mgmnut
02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I just booked our next trip!!! :thumbsup:

OKW Aug 26 to Sept 2, never stayed here. I can't believe it, we just talked about it 2 days ago and I pulled the trigger this morning and booked. We just went last July so I was very surprised DW wanted to go back again so soon. I used my RCI points and converted to DVC.

We can handle the heat, and I know it will be hot and humid! plenty of pool, water park time going to be planned.

My questions:

What are others experienes at OKW? location, accomodations? We stayed at Wilderness Lodge last year and absolutely loved it

Roughly how much do the crowds drop the last week in Aug compared to mid summer? 10%, 25%, etc?

When to the Brazilian tours stop?
Last July the tours were everywhere and I was hoping to avoid getting behind the big groups in line this year.

How far along is the Fantasyland expansion, how much of it will we be able to experience?

Dinning Plan or No Dining Plan?

6 months of planning ahead!!! I Love it!!

faline
02-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Old Key West is a very different experience that Wilderness Lodge. The building are spread out over quite a large area and there are several bus stops throughout the grounds. Each room opens to the outside and there are no internal hallways. I would request a location as close to the main building as possible. We were right across the street on our last stay and it was an ideal location. We were in a 2 bedroom and had space galore even with my brother's family of three there with us.

Crowds drop quite a lot at the very end of August as schools are getting back in session.

Pieces of the new Fantasyland will be opening over time both this year and next with the full project to be completed by 2014.

Personally, I'd skip the dining plan. I think it is more cost effective to pay out of pocket particularly if you qualify for the Tables in Wonderland discount card.

CuteAsMinnie
02-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Failine, what is the tables in wonderland discount card?

Thanks!

:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
02-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Failine, what is the tables in wonderland discount card?

Thanks!

Tables in Wonderland card is a discount card that can be purchased($75) to allow you to get 20% discount on most table service meals at Disney World. The discount is applied to your entire bill, drinks included, for up to ten people. Also your 18% gratuity will be added to the bill total. To be able to get one you must be either a Florida resident or an Annual Pass holder.

We never travel to Disney without our card.

CuteAsMinnie
02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks!