PDA

View Full Version : Trip Planning

Frog
02-22-2012, 09:23 AM
How does your family keep up with plans that you decide to make? We havent booked a trip yet, but if/when we do is there a way better than another to spreadsheet it out as to what day you want to do what?

Strmchsr
02-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Some people use the Passporter to keep track of everything or one of the 5 billion unofficial planning software that you have to pay for. I find a spreadsheet works just fine. No need to get complicated.

MOJoe
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I've used a spreadsheet, and a legal pad. But my favorite is a 3x5 note card. That gives me just enough room to list park hours, show times, parade and fireworks times, and my ADR's. Best of all, it fits in my wallet.

faline
02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I just create a table in a word document. For each day, I list any pertinent information like which park I'm going to visit and any ADR numbers and dining times. Nothing fancy - just a basic outline.

dnickels
02-22-2012, 12:03 PM
If you already know what park you're going to for the day I just pick up one of the daily schedule pamphlets at the gates when I walk in. No need to write all that down when Disney already provides it for free in a handy slip of paper.

Jeri
02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I just plan it all out in a notebook. I pick the park, then where to eat,all that stuff.
Then when we are about a week away from our trip I get 3x5 note cards, make one for each day. On the front I put the date, which park/parks we are planning on going to,and where we have ressies at with conf. number. On the back I list the park hours for all the other parks, extra magic hours. Then I cover the cards in clear contact paper, so they don't get ruined if they get wet. I bring them all and every morning I grab that days card & we are good to go.
My husband and kids laugh at me, but they sure are glad I am so neurotic when we get there.:blush:

mdricks
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I put reservations and confirmation numbers on my smart phone as calendar items so I get reminders of where I need to be as well as a copy of my confirmation if there is a reservation issue.

:number1:

Janmac
02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I just create a table in a word document. For each day, I list any pertinent information like which park I'm going to visit and any ADR numbers and dining times. Nothing fancy - just a basic outline.

This is what I do but I have the page in landscape and have a column for each day, with a row each for breakfast, morning, lunch, afternoon, supper and evening. I include ADR numbers, EMH parks, just a basic outline.

I've used a spreadsheet, and a legal pad. But my favorite is a 3x5 note card. That gives me just enough room to list park hours, show times, parade and fireworks times, and my ADR's. Best of all, it fits in my wallet.

I have used the index cards on extended camping trips, with route info, campground info, etc, but have never thought of using the cards on a Disney trip. Great idea. :thumbsup:

I put reservations and confirmation numbers on my smart phone as calendar items so I get reminders of where I need to be as well as a copy of my confirmation if there is a reservation issue.
:number1:

On our last trip my niece put our ADR info in her phone as an extra reminder. Very handy, since the phone will remind us more than a stagnant piece of paper in a pocket. :D

But I'm still bringing my chart along!

Jan

mom2morgan
02-23-2012, 03:26 PM
I have things in a bit more detail in a spreadsheet format, but I have a one page calendar page (colour coded) to show where we are staying (since we're switching resorts part way through), where/time we're eating, what park we are going to.

minnie-mouse
02-23-2012, 07:53 PM

I do the exact same thing and just keep the one sheet with me at all times during the trip!

Quadstriker
02-23-2012, 08:18 PM
I put everything on my calendar in my iPhone.

My wife prefers an app called Cozi which is basically a large calendar that anyone can see that you give access to.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I just list ADR numbers and times in my phone under Notes, and sometimes carry a tiny notebook in my bag with the dates, other special numbers, flight info, etc (also in phone), but just as backup. We like to keep our plans loose, pretty much just which park, which day and where we r eating. More planning than that loses the wandering, impulsive feel for us.