PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Groceries to Resort

disneynarula
02-22-2012, 04:56 AM
What is the process for shipping a box of groceries to your resort? Usaully we have a car and we go to the grocery store but we won't this time since we are coming from overseas. I am going to do an order through GG but I want to ship some things that are non perishible to my resort room via another shipping company. My son has some food allergies and I will need special snacks for him.

Jillirose
02-22-2012, 07:29 AM
The Garden Grocer will deliver - there are other nearby groceries (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/grocery/grocery.asp) - you could grab a cab.

faline
02-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Ship to yourself at the address of your resort. Make sure your arrival date and your reservation number are noted on the exterior of your package.

Depending on which resort you're visiting, you should determine before hand whether or not that resort charges a package storage fee. Some do particularly the resorts that have convention centers.

Also be sure to allow ample time for your package to arrive before you do and make sure you're not spending more on shipping fees than it would cost you to orde through a grocery delivery service.

Disney1977
02-24-2012, 07:14 PM
My husband has Celiac and we always ship down a box of food. It's nice to have the snacks and cereals that you want. Last trip I also shipped down plastic breakfast cereal bowls for my kids and to-go coffee cups for us. Both were very handy.

Have a great trip.