PDA

View Full Version : Headed to DLR in early May

TracyL
02-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Questions:

1) Best source for tickets? We have a room booked but our MJ travel agent says a package would be more expensive than AAA hotel rate and separate tix. Is AAA the best place to get ticket discounts? Other suggestions?

2) I see that Matterhorn and Alice are down for the count when we're there -- anything else we should know that isn't obvious from other posts here on the boards?

3) Any "can't miss" TS restaurants we should book now?

BrerGnat
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Lucky you! Disneyland is great in May.

First off, AAA does not offer discounts on Disneyland tickets. The only options for "discounted tickets" are Costco (but you have to prove Southern CA residencey) or online, directly from Disney. Often, they will discount the price of multi day tickets if you order them in advance. There is a good chance for getting a discount in May, as that is considered a slow time for DL. Check at www.disneyland.com under "Tickets". Click on the Special Offers tab in the drop down menu.

How long are you staying? There are two current discount ticket offers valid through May 28:

(the bolded price is the promotional "buy in advance online" price. The higher price is the gate price)

Special OffersValid January 4, 2012 through May 28, 2012.
Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket
Ages 3 to 9
$198.00
$183.00
Ages 10 & Up
$214.00
$199.00

Promotional 4-Day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket
Ages 3 to 9
$216.00
$201.00
Ages 10 & Up
$234.00
$219.00

Promotional 5-Day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket
Ages 3 to 9
$226.00
$211.00
Ages 10 & Up
$246.00
$231.00

Promotional 6-Day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket
Ages 3 to 9
$231.00
$216.00
Ages 10 & Up
$251.00
$236.00

The other offer is:

3 Days in Both Parks for Only $199
Offer Type:Tickets and Annual Passports
Get 3 days of magic and memories for just $199. Park Hopper tickets let you enjoy rides and attractions at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park — and you can visit both parks on the same day! Offer good for arrivals from January 4 through May 28, 2012. Tickets sold only in advance.

Disneyland is pretty good about updating the refurbishment schedule and it being very accurate.

One thing to keep in mind is that DCA is still "under construction", so much of it is behind walls, you will hear construction noise, and some pathways are closed off/rerouted. By May, much of that may be done, as the completion of the project is slated for mid June.

As for restaurants, I promise that you don't need advanced reservations for any of them. If you are looking for some good suggestions, I'd highly recommend the following places: (reservations can be made day prior, day of, or you can do a walk up to anywhere and be seated with no problem)

I will start by saying, I don't really recommend any of the in park TS places. The CS is a far better option in the parks.

I like:

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

Naples

Catal

ESPN Zone

Napa Rose

Storyteller's Cafe

TracyL
02-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the scoop, Natalie!!

:rocks:

badkitty
02-21-2012, 10:04 PM
My only "must-do" park TS is Cafe Orleans in Disneyland. I just really like it there.