PDA

View Full Version : Just a few groceries...question

emerzmom
02-20-2012, 06:32 PM
We are going to WDW next week (Hooray!). We will be using Magical Express and staying at the Poly our first night then BLT. I would like to get a few groceries but not enough to see that the Garden Grocer delivery is worth it. It would be nice to have coffee creamer, milk, and few other items.
I have been to WDW many times but I don't think there is a place to buy these items on the property. Am I wrong?
If I went to Downtown Disney and got a cab is there a grocery store within a reasonable distance?
Any other ideas?
Thanks for any ideas you might have on this.
:mickey:

lindique
02-20-2012, 06:40 PM
There is a Hess Gas Station with a convenience store across the street from Downtown Disney. It is walkable (traffic light for crossing) from the Pleasure Island bus stop, which is the second one at Downtown Disney.

BrerGnat
02-20-2012, 07:04 PM
All the basics ARE available at almost every WDW resort.

In particular, if the resort has a DVC attached to it, it will have a rather large selection of grocery items for sale at the gift shop. At Contemporary, there is a gift shop next to the arcade, I think it's called the Marketplace or something. Anyway, it's basically ALL groceries. Prices for basic staples are on par with what you'd pay at the grocery store (maybe slightly more expensive, but not much).

gratuspater
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Fantasia market on the 4th floor of the Contemporary sells milk and snack items. I think they had half gallon, not sure, and not sure about coffee creamer. I remember it was pricey for the amount you got. You can always call them 407-824-1000.

magicofdisney
02-20-2012, 08:17 PM
You can get a half gallon of milk from most gift shops for just under $4. It's the most economical way to buy milk on property.

BrerGnat
02-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Although the prices in the resort stores might be higher, you have to factor in the time savings of going elsewhere as well as the 'minimum purchase requirement' of a grocery delivery company.

If you just need a few things, plan on hitting up the Fantasia Market at CR. If you find that not acceptable, grab a cab to the nearest Super Wal Mart or Target.

I believe there is a Super Target very close to Animal Kingdom.

Ed
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
You should be able to find what you need right in the Poly itself - -

Samoa Snacks

Snacks, sundries, liquors, beer and wine. Located on the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House adjacent to Trader Jack's.

emerzmom
02-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded. These all sound like perfect solutions. I didn't realize there was groceries available at some of the resorts. I guess I just never looked for them! I learn somthing new about WDW everytime I go.
I agree that paying a little more on site will be well worth the time and trouble saved by trying to leave the property.
:mickey:
Julie

Ed
02-21-2012, 10:03 AM
You will usually find groceries toward the rear of almost all of the resorts' gift shops. You don't always notice them if you are just casually walking by.

TinaAndGlenn
02-21-2012, 07:54 PM
There is a very nice grocery store near DTD at the Crossroads Shopping area near the DTD Resort Hotels. There are also many great restaurants on this same property (non-Disney prices!). You could easily take a cab from DTD, get groceries & maybe lunch or dinner!

Checkers
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
We stayed in a studio last year at BLT and there is a small grocery store in the CR that should sell what you are looking for. Have fun!