PDA

View Full Version : ADR Question?

darthmacho
02-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Making my ADRs for our August trip via phone at 6AM tomorrow morning. Besides for the dates, times, and restaurants I wish to book, what information should I have ready when I call? (You would think having done this in 2010, I'd know, but one can forget a lot in two years time.) :mickey:

SBETigg
02-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Consider back-up days for popular restaurants, and you might want to start with the harder-to-gets vs going in order by date. And have a pen/paper ready to write down notes/numbers. I thought calling started at 7 am est?

Have you considered the online system? It was super easy for me to find what I wanted, dates, times, and I love that they email you the confirmations. I found everything I wanted without getting up early and I preferred it to calling in, but everyone's different so maybe that's not for you.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Credit card - they asked me for it even though the 1st reservation was NOT a signature ADR...ANYTIME I called for ADR - I HAD to give my credit card #.

And paper and pen to write down all your RES. numbers. Oh, and when I tried the online system - it locked up on me after the 1st two and the 1st one was screwed up - the email listed the wrong restaurant, time, location etc. So I called to fix it.

darthmacho
02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
I just looked at my Magical Journeys confirmation which says that phone lines open at 7AM and online is available at 6AM. I guess I'll get up and go online, and call if I don't have any luck with that. I figure I'll make them in order of importance as opposed to by date.

Credit card # makes sense, any other #'s that I'll need? Do I have to note DDP?

Thanks for the help! :mickey:

Jared
02-20-2012, 06:58 PM
If you book online and log into your Disney account, the dining reservations should automatically sync with your vacation reservations, but it wouldn't be the worst idea to keep all your confirmations numbers handy just in case.

These days, having a credit card nearby is imperative. All of the most popular restaurants require a credit-card hold.

Good luck! Any places in particular you're hoping to try?

darthmacho
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
If you book online and log into your Disney account, the dining reservations should automatically sync with your vacation reservations, but it wouldn't be the worst idea to keep all your confirmations numbers handy just in case.

These days, having a credit card nearby is imperative. All of the most popular restaurants require a credit-card hold.

Good luck! Any places in particular you're hoping to try?

Do I have a Disney account? :confused:
I guess I should go check that out...

I want to try a couple of new things, such as Via Napoli, Mama Melrose, La Hacienda, and our first dinner at O'Hana. We also want to do some old favorites like Crystal Palace for breakfast, Hollywood & Vine FDP, and Yak and Yeti for lunch!

Melanie
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Do I have a Disney account? :confused:
I guess I should go check that out...

I want to try a couple of new things, such as Via Napoli, Mama Melrose, La Hacienda, and our first dinner at O'Hana. We also want to do some old favorites like Crystal Palace for breakfast, Hollywood & Vine FDP, and Yak and Yeti for lunch!

Make your Ohana ADR first, Crystal Palace, then maybe Via Napoli, and then La Hacienda. With the new restrictions in place, you shouldn't have any problems past Ohana getting what you want. Good luck!

darthmacho
02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
That's how I was going to go about it, though I was going to do Crystal Palace first, it being my first priority. Do you think it would be that important that I should do Ohana first? Would that jeopardize my getting the timing right on Crystal Palace? I know everything is a gamble here with this system.

In any case, I squared away my Disney account (I got a new password with which to log in) so it is a good thing I checked in here first. I would have been calling needlessly at 6am and missing the opportunity to take care of things online.

That is, once again, why I'm so grateful for these boards. Thank you Intercot! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I would start with Ohana. It's been much easier to get in lately, though. I called a few weeks ago and got in for Mother's Day, surprisingly.
They'll also want to know party size, DDP or no, and if you're celebrating anything special. I called everyday a while back, trying to get into the castle, so I had the spiel waiting for them as soon as they answered. They usually asked for my resort/trip reservation number as well. Hope you get everything you want! :wave:

darthmacho
02-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Just finished making ADRs for everything up until August 29! I'll have to go back tomorrow and the next day for everything up until the end of our long vacation, but I'm off to a good start! I got everything I wanted, including Crystal Palace and O'hana, but had trouble with the Fantasmic Dining Package.

Question: If the dates for my choice of FDP are not yet available, should I make a reservation for Hollywood & Vine anyway, or should I wait until the appropriate reservation is available? I don't want to complicate things or mess anything up, so please advise me! :mickey:

darthmacho
02-21-2012, 06:49 AM
For the record, I was able to make a reservation for T-Rex at Downtown Disney. I was told that was not possible, though indeed, it's not on the DDP. :mickey:

disneymom07
02-21-2012, 07:48 AM
I was able to make my reservations for the FDP today by calling. I wasn't able to do it online either. I was able to get everything I wanted too. :mickey:

darthmacho
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
I was able to make my reservations for the FDP today by calling. I wasn't able to do it online either. I was able to get everything I wanted too. :mickey:

Excellent advice. I just took care of mine over the phone too. Thank you, and congrats on your booking.

Thanks again to Intercotees, because I seriously would have bungled this all without you! :mickey: