PDA

View Full Version : First Week in November vs First Week in December

dntccc
02-20-2012, 04:17 PM
We just decided we would plan a 4-day trip to WDW this year. We are thinking of either the first week in November or the first week in December. Our two main concerns are the crowd-level/wait times and the weather. As far as crowds, which of the two times would be less crowded? As far as weather, I am guessing that neither time would be too hot (with December being a little cooler I would imagine).

I used to read that the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas was a great time to go because crowds were low and Christmas decorations were up. However, now I am reading that this has changed (or is beginning to change), as more people are coming during this time. Is this true?

Also, when do Christmas decorations go up?

faline
02-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Early November is a nice time to visit. Crowds do increase around Veterans' Day when the New Jersey schools typically close for several days. Early December has gotten busier but is still manageable. Keep in mind, that Pop Warner occurs during early December as does not Christmas parade filming in the Magic Kingdom. Also, December can be downright cold, quite mild, or somewhere in between.

Holiday decorations go up much earlier than they used to - beginning sometime in November.

JenniferS.
02-20-2012, 09:19 PM
We were there this past year at the end of october into the first week of Nov. We were there until Nov. 4th and the decorations started going up around the 2nd. The 1st was the last MNSSHP. I was never able to see any holiday decorations, so I was excited to see some! I vowed that the next time we go it will be somewhere around Nov. 9th when the parties and things take place. As far as crowds, it was very manageable. The weather was gorgeous with a few days of rain. Can't really comment on Dec. though.

Mom on a Mission
02-24-2012, 09:30 PM
I agree -- Go for November. We've been a couple of times in late October/early November and it is the BEST time. Nearly no lines and still pretty nice weather. Although my kids were in the pools when we went in December too. The crowds definitely pick up after Thanksgiving, and you also get pushed out of MK early due to MVMCP. I hate that! Have a blast!