PDA

View Full Version : Bar seating at Cali Grill - need ADR's?

PoohRules
02-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I am heading to WDW this Friday for Princess weekend. I am solo this trip, therefore made no dining ressies as I figured I can just wing it.

Does anyone know if I can go to California Grill to have sushi at the bar without ADR's? I was thinking Friday night.

Thanks!

SBETigg
02-19-2012, 06:31 PM
You can, if there's room at the bar. There's not always room. Bar seating doesn't take ADRs, it's all about availability. If there are a lot of people waiting for ADRs, they are likely to say there is no room at the bar. This is a busy week, but I would give it a shot. Good luck!

Oh, and let me add that if there's no luck there, the Wave might work out.

Scar
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
As a solo, I would think you have a great shot at getting a seat. Stand behind a couple sitting at the bar that looks like they're waiting for a table.

Auroring Good Time
02-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Years ago, we went to California Grill for sushi at the bar and had no problem getting a seat. We timed it perfectly to catch the fireworks. Of course, every day may be different.

Quadstriker
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
By yourself, you've got a good chance.

epceddie
02-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Years ago, we went to California Grill for sushi at the bar and had no problem getting a seat. We timed it perfectly to catch the fireworks. Of course, every day may be different.

Wow, you were lucky. The one time we went to the California Grill, there were people everywhere and the bar was packed. We didn't even get a table in the main restaurant. We were there for our honeymoon and they stuck us in the wine room.

SBETigg
02-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Wow, you were lucky. The one time we went to the California Grill, there were people everywhere and the bar was packed. We didn't even get a table in the main restaurant. We were there for our honeymoon and they stuck us in the wine room.

They consider sitting in the wine room to be a better table placement, so they weren't "sticking" you there but trying to give you something special, I think.

But I agree, I feel stuck back there sometimes. It's quiet and lovely, and slightly separated from the crowded main room, so they like to put couples back there but I usually prefer the activity and views out front. I always specify that I don't want to sit in the wine room, unless I do- sometimes I do like it better back there, depending on mood. You can see Epcot fireworks and the Studios fireworks if it's a Fantasmic night back there, way off in the distance. Not the same as seeing the fireworks over the MK, though.