PDA

View Full Version : Flex 9x80A Work Schedule?

ImagiAsh
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
This is the first time I am applying for select government jobs and I came across this work schedule in a job posting: Flex 9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day. This is the first time I've ever seen this and Google is not generating many helpful answers. What exactly does this work schedule mean? Thanks!

:thumbsup:

brad192
02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
We had this when I worked for General Dynamics. You work 9 hour workdays the first week, either starting an hour early or staying an hour late. The second week you work that same schedule Monday thru Wednesday, and work a normal 8 hour day on Thursday. The second Friday is off, giving you a 3 day weekend. :D

Everyone in my group liked it a lot as most of us had long commutes & it helped with rush hour traffic too! :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
02-19-2012, 07:42 PM
My husband had this schedule when he worked for the Department of Defense. He worked for a 9-hour day and had every other Friday off. He was very tired on the Fridays that he worked but loved having those other Fridays off :thumbsup:

Itchy
02-20-2012, 02:42 AM
I don't know about this schedule but I have worked a 12 hr day in law enforcement. I gave us every other fri, Sat, and Sun off. The down side for me was that on the 3 day ( 48 hrs ) I had to work I was so whipped that all I wanted to do was sleep for a Day or so. I know this is not going to help but just so you know what to expect.

Bless you and the work you do...:mickey:

ImagiAsh
02-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Thank you! I knew you guys could help out. :thumbsup: Considering I currently work 12 hour days, that type of schedule seems quite enticing.