PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break at Disney?

parrothed26
02-17-2012, 08:15 PM
I have always gone to WDW in June but due to schedules my family and I are having to go March 11-17. Has anyone ever been during this time? How are the crowds? Weather? etc...:mickey:

Melanie
02-17-2012, 08:33 PM
We'll be there that week as well, as for the first time in many years I understand, the Tampa area schools have moved their spring break away from Easter. That said, I'm thinking crowds will still be quite manageable, being that it's still a month away from Easter.

Weather, well, it's been a very mild winter here in Florida, with most days in the low 80s, and generally dry weather. I think as we move more towards spring, we'll be getting more of the springtime showers. But of course, watch it be a record cold that week. :rolleyes:

Suz36
02-17-2012, 10:10 PM
We'll be there the same week. Melanie, I hope you're right about the crowds. I'm pretty nervous about them. We've always gone at "off" times, so this will be a new experience. But the date of my 40th birthday can't be changed, so we'll do what we gotta do!

VWL Mom
02-18-2012, 04:53 AM
There are a lot of colleges out that week and a DII baseball tournament in Orlando. Don't know if that has any effect on WDW crowds though. My motto is, go expecting the worst of crowds and you may be pleasantly surprised. :mickey:

Kenny1113
02-19-2012, 10:54 AM
We will be there that week as well. Crowd calendars list that week as a 10 in other words :crowd:
:(
We will just decide our "must do's" and not try to do too much.

LVT
02-19-2012, 05:17 PM
That is our Spring break also. Much of Canada is also off then.

It may be wishful thinking, but I think the next week busier.
Adding 1 day at the beginning would be nice.

We are from Iowa. Usually we get a few days warm enough for comfort at the water parks. It can get cool and rainy.

Faver
02-21-2012, 09:55 AM
We'll be there then as well:mickey:
here's hopin' the crowds and weather are great for that week :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-21-2012, 09:58 AM
We will be there that week as well. Crowd calendars list that week as a 10 in other words :crowd:

Wow. Bummer. I wouldn't have thought it would be that busy, but what do I know? :blush:

MOJoe
02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Weather, well, it's been a very mild winter here in Florida, with most days in the low 80s, and generally dry weather. I think as we move more towards spring, we'll be getting more of the springtime showers. But of course, watch it be a record cold that week. :rolleyes:

The weather in March can be unpredictable. When we arrived for Spring Break in March one year, it was down right hot the first day. 90 degress!:thedolls: But a front blew through and dropped the temps for the rest of the week. Highs in the upper 60's and lows in the mid 40's. Brrrrr. I didn't bring a heavy coat. I wished i had, for those very cool evenings.
So be prepared for anything.

Dyanna
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM
My dd & her college Lacrosse team will be down in WDW for that very week for Spring Break. I told her to be prepared for large crowds & lots of long wait times for rides.

midgetpepper
02-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Haha! Add us as another family heading there that week! We're from Texas and a lot of us have Spring Break then.

Gregandmel
02-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Our Spring Break is that week as well. I think the crowd calendar pretty much puts a "10" on crowds from mid-March through mid-April to sort of capture the time frame when all Spring Breaks are happening. The GOOD thing is that Spring Breaks are spread out all over 4-5 weeks - so it's not like Christmas week when EVERYONE is there the same week! And Easter is April 8th so you'll miss the really crowded "week before and after" Easter when a lot of schools combine their breaks with the Easter time frame.My sister in law and her family went this week last year and said as long as you get to the parks at opening time and have a plan and use your fast passes, you will have a nice couple of hours without the crowds. Enjoy your trip!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Aurora
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Judging from other reports, plan for large crowds. Read over last year's trip reports on Intercot. The best thing to do during crowded times is go early, meaning BEFORE official park opening times. Also get FastPasses early for your must-dos.

If you have a plan and it turns out the crowds aren't that bad, you'll have lost nothing. But if you don't have a plan and the crowds are tremendous, you'll regret it.

tjstrike
02-25-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't really love the heat but I chose the end of May over spring break because of the crowds.