PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill - adult style?

EeyoresBestFriend
02-17-2012, 07:39 PM
I'd love some thoughts on it from an adult point of view.

I've been hearing quite a few good things on Garden Grill and the 'moving' restaurant views has me intrigued. But most of the reviews I read all talk about how great it is "for the kids and characters".

Is it worth going to for the atmosphere if you are NOT into characters? Just as a gauge, we were not impressed with the Hollywood and Vine and love Boma.

:)

Disney4us2
02-17-2012, 08:46 PM
As an adult, I love the Garden Grill. If you are on the lower tier there are booths. They are in a semi circle with high sides/backs. They give total privacy during dining with the view always changing.

If you don't want the characters, just let them know when you are seated or just wave at the characters and let them walk by. Kind of hard to resist farmer Mickey though.

I love the food there as well. The salad is fantastic as well as the trio of meats/fish/turkey that they bring. It is all you care to eat and they bring it to your table vs. buffet. The bread and maple syrup butter are sooo yummy. I don't care for the dessert, but I am too full for it anyway.

I would have no problems dining there as an adult only meal.

E-OR
02-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Our family, all adults, has eaten there two times and plans to eat here again in May. We think the food is good and enjoy the theme. Even though we are not going for the characters it can still be fun to get some picutres with them. The restaurant moves so slow that you don't realize you are moving. Like the above poster stated, eating on the bottom level in a booth gives you a better view.

January-2007
02-18-2012, 02:02 PM
We loved it. We went with our son who is 2 and he didn't eat anything but loved the characters. We enjoyed the food so much and the atmosphere is really cool- we would definitely go adults only no question. It was less kiddy than other character meals I felt and the food was adult oriented. Highly recommended here.

AgentC
02-18-2012, 08:44 PM
We have been to this meal several times with our children and I would not hesitate to go as an adult. Compare to most other characters meals the atmosphere is quite tranquil.

The booths are large and you barely know you are sitting next to someone. The character interaction is very low key too. I like the revolving and being able to see parts of the scenery from Living with the Land.

We have always been happy with the food. The salads includes some vegetables from the garden which is a nice touch and the beef/turkey/fish assortment has something for everyone.

I have been to Hollywood and Vine and the the atmosphere is totally different. I think the reason you hear it recommended so much for kids is because it is so calm that kids can have a nice visit with Mickey as opposed to the frantic pace at some of the other meals.

I think it is worth a try.

:thumbsup:

EeyoresBestFriend
02-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks, everyone :thumbsup:

I definitely will add it to the agenda!

AmandaChan
02-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I really wish we would have came here at some point. I can't wait to take our kids on our next big trip. DS and I would have came alone but I feel like I never knew about it.

dizneydeb22
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Definitely fine for adults. My friends got married on our trip to WDW and we went there for their wedding dinner!

disneynarula
02-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Is Minnie there? I am looking for a character meal for our family and the grandparents. I think Chef Mickeys will be a little much for the for my FIL and MIL. FIL never really raised the kids and MIL is his second marriage and she never had kids of her own. They are both great people but I think Chef Mickeys may be too loud for them and I don't think the food is very good. GG may be a good compromise.

January-2007
02-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately Minnie isn't there, but Farmer Mickey, Pluto, and Chip and Dale are there. I think it would be a good introduction to the character meal experience. Reading other people's comments about the booths though, we did not have a booth and were very aware of all the other people around us. So there are two different seating options which you have no choice over. It was still cool and we loved watching the scenery change.

FenwayGirl
02-22-2012, 01:29 PM
does the whole restaurant rotate..or just the booth level?

AgentC
02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Is Minnie there? I am looking for a character meal for our family and the grandparents. I think Chef Mickeys will be a little much for the for my FIL and MIL. FIL never really raised the kids and MIL is his second marriage and she never had kids of her own. They are both great people but I think Chef Mickeys may be too loud for them and I don't think the food is very good. GG may be a good compromise.

If you want both Minnie and Mickey, I think the only options right now are Chef Mickey's or Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. I really like Tusker House. They do breakfast and lunch. The buffet is in one room in the center and then there are 3-4 dining rooms. If you can live without Mickey, Cape May is nice for breakfast and has Minnie, Donald and Goofy.

DisneyDog
02-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Last time we went to WDW, my folks took DS and DH and I had a date night. We ate at the Garden Grill for our special night out. We both love it. The food is really good. Everything is so fresh. It's one of my favorite Epcot restaurants.