PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Resort

AllDisney
02-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I was wondering what the best "standard" room location would be? I understand that the room will probably overlook the parking lot and that's fine.

Also, when was the last time the rooms went through an update/refrub?

SBETigg
02-17-2012, 09:25 PM
It feels like the rooms were redone not too long ago, but probably longer than I am thinking. I was going to say within the last five years, but I'm not sure. Time flies. There's the Polynesian theme, of course, bamboo accents, and all rooms have flat screen TVs.

There are really many rooms in the Garden View designation (their standard rooms) that have fantastic views, not just the parking lot. And even on the parking lot side, there is lush vegetation and the monorail to watch for, so it's not so bad at all. I like Fiji on the marina side and Rarotonga facing the quiet pool, both next to the Great Ceremonial House. But lots of people seem to really enjoy Tokelau and Samoa. I don't think you can go wrong anywhere. It's a lovely resort.

mydisneygirls
02-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Someone asked this question a couple weeks ago...instead of retyping (LOL), here was my resposne.

We have stayed at the Poly many times, half consierge level half garden view. Always requested the Tokelau building when staying garden view. Great location with no parking view at all and if you ask for a room at the very end towards the lagoon, you have a partial view of it which is very nice. To be honest, the view was actually better than the quiet pool view we had staying in consierge level. Have a great time...the Poly is one of my favorites!

If you've never stayed here before, you will love it!!!

buzznwoodysmom
02-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Our standard garden view room was in Samoa, right in the middle of the resort, so no parking lot views. We loved the location!

AllDisney
02-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks everyone. We WILL be staying there Fall 2013. Our first time, can't wait:party: