PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Favorites?

wdwcarrie
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Today marks 180 days till our next trip, and the first trip for my two-year-old DS. We made our ADRs today--just a couple--and now it feels like we can really start figuring out our plans.

I was wondering if others who have been to WDW with toddlers (he'll be just under three when we go) could share which attractions their kids liked best. What are some attractions your toddlers wanted to do over and over again?

Thanks! I can't wait!

mitchsfan
02-17-2012, 01:28 PM
When we took my son when he was 2 and 3, he loved the Playhouse Disney show in DHS. He liked IASW, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - anything he could just sit on and relax and watch the surroundings. But he loved loved the Playhouse Disney show!!

Have Fun!!!

BrerGnat
02-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Small World
Carousel
Dumbo
Teacups
Speedway Cars
Train
Buzz Lightyear
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean

Playhouse Disney show at DHS
Toy Story Mania

Spaceship Earth
Land Boat Ride
Soarin' (if he's tall enough)

Safari @ AK
Finding Nemo and Lion King Show (AK)

sonamae80
02-17-2012, 02:00 PM
In Magic Kingdom:
IASM (over and over and over again!)
Carosel
Dumbo
People Mover
Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride

HS
Disney Jr Live
The Great Movie Ride (not that DD necessarily LOVED it, she was just excited to ride it!)

Epcot
Spaceship Earth
Journey with Figment
The Land Boat Ride

AK
Safari
All of the walking trails to see the animals
It's Tough To Be A Bug
Triceratop Spin

DD was 2 months shy of turning three when she went for the first time! She loved all of those rides listed above! Now, she's since been back and that list has grown a little. ;) Hope your little one has as much fun as mine did on their first trip! :mickey:

c&d
02-18-2012, 08:29 AM
We mostly stayed in the MK and the favorite ride was Small World, followed by Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo and Peter Pan. Our son also loved the characters.

Epcot, Ellen's universe. It was all about the dinosaurs.

Disney Studios, Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House (no longer there).

Animal Kingdom, looking at all the animals.

Kairi_7378
02-19-2012, 09:18 AM
We just took our son for his 3rd birthday. We started at Epcot. What I hadn't counted on was that he would be scared of long dark corridors in cue areas. We got about halfway through the cue for the Nemo ride and he turned around and (tried to) run out of the ride. After a few attractions, he trusted that whatever was at the end of the line was worth waiting.

Anyway, back to your original question:

MK: Favorites were Dumbo (of course), IASW, Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland Transit Authority ("the space train!"), Haunted Mansion (he LOVED this), and Pirates.

Epcot: He loved Figment, and enjoyed Living with the Land, SSE and the Mexican ride. He was not a fan of Maelstrom. His favorite thing seemed to be eating all of the snacks in the different countries.

DHS: He liked the Little Mermaid, TSM (although we made him sit in our laps), and the Muppets. He also liked seeing the Wizard of Oz scene in the Great Movie Ride.

AK: Triceratops Spin and the Safari were the two favoties here. We were pleasantly surprised that he handled Tough to Be a Bug well.

Make sure to take some time to explore the resort with your child. At the end of the day, we found that our son wanted some time where he could be in charge of where he went (as opposed to being pushed from place to place in the stroller.) We had dinners at WL and AKL, and we had lots of fun looking at details there as well.

Joannelet
02-19-2012, 02:13 PM
My son was 2 on our last trip (actually went two times as a two year old) his absolute favorites in Magic Kingdom were dumbo and It's a small World. Rode IASW about 10 times. dumbo he rode about 6 times as the line is always long for that one.
in Epcot he loved Donald's It's a Small World...lol
Hollywood studios he loved Playhouse Disney.
And in Animal Kingdom he loves the safari and dinoland playground.
Have fun! It is the best age as my son remembers everything from those trips! He is 3 now and asks everyday to go back! So I am busy planning our next trip to the world!

minnie-mouse
02-28-2012, 11:10 AM
In MK: My DD loved the Tea Cups, Carousel, Small World, Pooh Bear

RavsRuleDisney!
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Anything in Fantasyland
Turtle Talk With Crush
Hollywood Studios Afternoon Parade
Many, many meet & greets(get the autograph book!)

stitchingirl
03-04-2012, 09:00 PM
The first time we took DS to Disneyland, he was about 4 and we never made it past Tomorrowland. We must have rode Tomorrowland Speedway 6 times that day. :blush:

Dopey's Girl
03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I was at MK with my 2.5 year old niece in January and there are a few things she's still talking about. Magic carpets (the camel spit on us.. She loved that!), the carousel, dreams come true castle show and the Mickey ice cream bar. She hated the people mover (didn't like the dark sections) and wasn't sure about Buzz (I think she was tired by then).

We had an awesome time and she asks all the time when we can see Mickey at his house again.

Butters
03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Our DD was 18 months when we just went in Feb, she went on everything without a hight restriction, she seemed to enjoy every ride except HM, i think the dark scared her a bit.

disneynarula
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
It's A Small World
Winnie the Pooh