PDA

View Full Version : A/C at CBR- same as CS?

hauntedmansiongirl
02-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Hello! We are staying at CBR in April for the first time and wondered if the A/C unit works the same as the ones at CS- meaning that they shut down when you are out of the room and kick on when you come back? POR and POP were never like this. Thankfully my DH figured out the override, but it was a pain at first coming back to a sticky, musty room. We're hoping to avoid that this time! :mickey:

fernsmommy
02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
We stayed at CBR in May 2010 and they stayed on when we left the room.

wendybird
02-17-2012, 12:14 PM
So at CS the A/C is on a sensor?? That seems like a great energy saver, but kinda yucky for guests. What happens at night when you are asleep - no movement - no A/C?? Could get hot and sticky and make for a VERY uncomfortable night sleep...I was planning on staying there - now I am concerned. Anyone experience this? :fan:

hauntedmansiongirl
02-17-2012, 11:54 PM
We stayed at CS last September and the A/C did kick out at night. There is a way to override it though, which avoided the issue for us. I just wondered if CB was the same, but it sounds like it is different! :mickey:

chrim
02-18-2012, 05:41 PM
At WDW, my understanding about air conditioning is the following:

Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, and Port Orleans French Quarter all have the same type of 'below the window' units (where each room has its own separate unit). These are the only 3 WDW resorts with this type of a/c.

All other WDW owned and operated hotels have central a/c systems with just a vent or vents and a thermostat in each room.

The Hotel Plaza Blvd, Bonnet Creek, Swan, and Dolphin are not Disney operated, and I don't know exactly how they are set up.

LVT
02-19-2012, 04:59 PM
POP in May seemed to have the kind that went out during the night. I would walk a bit and then it came back on.