PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Creek

jwildflower1981
02-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Anyone ever stay here? Were staying for the fist time this weekend. We just found out about 2.5 weeks ago so I haven't had much time to research it to much. I was told they have bus transportation too, how does this work? I've never stayed off property before, so I'm a little nervous.

DizneyRox
02-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Off site transportation drops off in the middle of the parking lots. I'm sure you've seen crowds of people just standing in the middle of a parking lot? That's the off-site transportation load/unload area.

brownie
02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Off site transportation drops off in the middle of the parking lots. I'm sure you've seen crowds of people just standing in the middle of a parking lot? That's the off-site transportation load/unload area.

I've never seen that before. If I had, would've wondered what they were doing in the middle of a parking lot...

DizneyRox
02-17-2012, 01:38 PM
MK is at the TTC, understandable it's fairly far away from normal view.

Epcot is usually the second bus lot (furthest away from the entrance) again, pretty far out of view.

MGM is the most visible, mostly on the the other side of the Disney bus loop area.

AK is over by the taxi drop off area I beleive. I'm never over ther myself either.

Offsite busses tend to work on a very specific schedule too. Some on the hour, etc. So, maybe you really need to be in the right place at the right time to notice. They are probably more prevalent at park closing too.

In short, Disney doesn't really accomodate the off-site busses very well. I don't recall if they are even protected from the elements, I'm leaning towards most if not all are unprotected. Not a big deal, unless it's raining or mid-day in the summer, but not very comfortable.

I'd rent a car if I were staying off site. Convenience is not something I'd assocaite with offsite bus transporation. If my memory serves me correctly, last time I used one (which was the last time) I think we were told pickup was in spot 54. At the time, this was just a big long parking spot in the middle of the second lot at Epcot. We were staying at a DTD hotel, and just decided to use the DTD transport after that.

tarheelmjfan
02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Which Bonnet Creek property did you book? We stayed at the Hilton over NYE, & had a great visit. It's a very nice hotel.

As for transportation, the buses ran once an hour. They stopped at Hilton, Waldorf Astoria, then the parks. Most trips they stopped at all the parks, before going back to the resort. They are really nice motor coaches showing Disney movies on drop down tvs. As was mentioned, the bus waiting areas at the parks aren't covered. We didn't have a problem with the drop-off location. It really wasn't that much further to walk. The MK drop-off is the most different, because you aren't dropped at the park. Even that drop-off/pick-up location wasn't a big deal to us. The schedule & number of stops were a different story. If you just missed a bus, you could have close to 2 hrs. invested in transportation one-way. We have our own vehicle, but refuse to drive on vacation. When we stay at HBC in the future, we will include taxi fare to/from the parks into the hotel budget.

If you are staying at the time share or Wyndham Grand, this may not be helpful to you.

Disney Doll
02-18-2012, 08:44 AM
A friend of mine stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek for her honeymoon and they loved it. It's a gorgeous hotel with a fantastic pool. They didn't have any problems with the bus schedule.