PDA

View Full Version : Water Park Ride?

Exo
02-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Someone told me that one of the water parks has an attraction where you are just standing there and the bottom drops out from under you and you free fall into the water. Is this true? If so, what park has it and what is it called?

Thanks!

Tygger7
02-16-2012, 10:50 AM
It's at Wet 'n Wild in Orlando and the ride is called "BOMB BAY". The floor drops out from beneath you and you drop down a 76' nearly vertical slide....not enough money in the world to get me on that thing. :D

TinkerbellT421
02-16-2012, 10:51 AM
One the Disney water parks??

Only thing I can think of is if they mean Summit Plummet in Typhoon Lagoon? But the botton doesn't fall out from you but you do pretty much fly down that thing where it would feel like your free falling, you do like 50-60 mph on that.

TinkerbellT421
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
It's at Wet 'n Wild in Orlando and the ride is called "BOMB BAY". The floor drops out from beneath you and you drop down a 76' nearly vertical slide....not enough money in the world to get me on that thing. :D

O.M.G. :sick::ack: I can't even do ToT because it's a free fall. That's one of my fears :( I did ToT once, no need to ever do it again in my life lol

Exo
02-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks Tygger7, only Disney water parks for me!

Figment1988
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM

while i'm ok with Summit Plummet as well as other things like that where the drop is expected, i have to admit that Wet and Wild's Bomb Bay is one of the few things that i am highly intimidated with. it's pretty much the whole "when will it happen" thing that freaks me out about it.

LudwigVonDrake
02-20-2012, 12:33 PM

That sounds AWESOME! :D

Quadstriker
02-20-2012, 12:41 PM

I've never gone to a water park to seek out a specific ride before, but this sounds great.