PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk or ....?

puck292
02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Planning a trip in September. Have stayed at Yacht or Beach Club lconcierge our last 3 trips.

My kids 14 and 11 want a change. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Boardwalk are the only ones we havent tried. Also havent been to Contemporary in years.

I think we are all leaning towards Boardwalk bc Epcot is our families favorite. To me seems like same hotel as yc/bc with different colors in rooms.

what you all think? Thanks in advance for opinions. I love this site as a resource!! John

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Sounds to me you've already made your selection...I say go with what makes you happy and if you want to stay in an Epcot resort, BW it is:mickey:

minnie-mouse
02-16-2012, 10:57 AM
I agree. If you like Epcot and plan on spending a lot of time there, you can't go wrong with t he location of Boardwalk. Plus, you have all the restaurants at YC/BC in walking distance too. Good choice!

brivers222
02-16-2012, 11:00 AM
We did a split stay at two resort we never stayed at before (Poly and BWI) and i will tell you the 6nights at the BWI out did the 6 nights at the Poly by a long shot.

I have stayed AKL in the past and liked it but it also wasn't our thing.

We both loved the bright colors of the rooms in the BWI!

TinkerbellT421
02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
I have stayed at both Beach Club and Boardwalk. 9 times out of ten I will choose Boardwalk over any other resort. While Boardwalk may seem similiar to Beach Club, I found both to be quite different from each other in their own little ways. I personally love the atmosphere, coloring, theming, location of Boardwalk. If your kids want a change, and you all want to be close to Epcot, then Boardwalk is definitely for you. I personally do NOT think you will be disappointed :mickey:

mydisneygirls
02-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Have never stayed at BW but I can tell you I love the Poly...one of my favorites.

Ms. Mode
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Funny, we were looking at BW last night for our next stay in October.

We did stay at AKL once and continue to go back there to "visit" our animals. Our DD was 18 when we stayed there and she and my DH loved to go back to the room in the middle of the day and watch the animals. It's a great place...and would be a change from the norm for you.....just saying....:

Kentucky Cat
02-25-2012, 08:18 PM
We are staying at BWI for the first time in June. Have eaten on the Boardwalk numerous times. Can't wait to stay there and walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios or take the relaxing boat ride.

puck292
02-27-2012, 10:21 AM
We have decided on BWI CL...in the end it was the youtube videos of the slide that convinced the kids and the various reviews I read of the CL level and the responses here that convinced me. Thanks all. :mickey: