PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Computer Troubles

Disney4us2
02-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I have a loaner computer from my DD's online school. She can't get the internet on it for some reason. That was back in December.

Today while she was using it, it just froze up. The screen then turned black. She tried turning it off and re-starting it. When the screen came up everything was upside down. YIKES... How do I fix it? I can't take it in to be fixed since it is a loaner.

I have a friend who works with computers, maybe he can help? I am at a loss on what to do. I don't know if tech support can talk me through it.

On a bright note... we are on our way to get DD a new computer. That way I don't have to worry about the loaner. UGH.... so frustrating:confused:

VWL Mom
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Marci, I goggled it real quick and same up with a link that might help you. I'll PM it.

Here's a simple fix that may work, try CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow to fix the screen

Disney4us2
02-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks Lynn:mickey:

I will give it a try. I will also check out the link. The Geek squad said I could bring it in and they would fix it.

Got DD a new laptop. A Toshiba Satellite with 17inch monitor. Wow... that computer is so nice. I sorta wish that I had that one and give her mine. My favorite thing is the card reader already in the computer. Now she can so school on her own computer and not share mine. DD is on :cloud9: with her new laptop.

DizneyRox
02-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Geek Squad? Heh, I wouldn't waste your money... I'd just give it back to whoever loaned it to you. If it was the school, they should flatten it anyway between loans.