PDA

View Full Version : First "bad" experience

bshaw96
02-14-2012, 06:17 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Disney actually lost some of its magic this trip :(
I think it was a combination of things. First, we stayed at All Star Sports during cheer and dance week. That was horrible. Cheers at 7 am, screaming outside our door at 1am, overcrowded dining area. But it really started on arrival. We arrived at 5, only to be told our room wasn't ready, and to go have dinner (in the loud overcrowded food court) and they'd page us when it was ready. Well, 2 hours later, no page, so we go back to desk. Oops, they FORGOT. Got to our room, and a huge area of the carpet was SOAKED. We couldnt put anything in that area for a couple of days. We try not to complain, so let it go, and were tired after a 12 hr drive and just wanted sleep. Our air was not predictable. The thermostat had to be broken, as it was hot, cold, hot, cold.We were by some kind of electrical box and about 2 am every night a maintenance guy would come do something to it with his orange cart lights flashing in our window, even with the curtain closed it woke us all up. Then, the last 3 nights, the bugs appeared. Yes, spiders and what looked like a big roach in the bathroom. The best I could determine they were coming from the drain vent in the floor. I thought maybe I was half asleep and dreamed it, but hubby saw one too. They were always out of food in the food court, and we usually waited at least 30 minutes for quick service. We were yelled at, yes, yelled at, by a Disney employee for not following rules. (It was at AK, on the Rafiki side, because we went in the "soundbooth" before he told us we could...he told me I was gonna do it all wrong if I didnt listen to him....sheesh....there was no line...you put on the headphones...and hit the big START button...lol) Finally, we never got our checkout info...well past checkout time, and had to go ask for it. I know it all sounds petty, and we really did try to be nice about it all, but dang, that was a ROUGH trip. DH and I are going back for an adults only trip in December to WL, hoping that will be a completely different experience! Aside from all the gliches, we did manage to have fun in the parks, and the weather was gorgeous!

DreamFinder2
02-14-2012, 06:37 PM
It's not petty if it bothers you. If I were you, I'd feel comfortable emailing an AS manager (addresses can be found online) to make him/her aware of the situation. Don't complain, simply let them know about things.

I firmly believe that professionals in those positions appreciate knowing how they can become better...if not, I'm saddened.

Hope your next trip is filled with pixi dust :magic:

Disney Hungarian
02-14-2012, 06:59 PM
I was at the Sports last week. I feel your pain. Glad that you were able to enjoy the parks though.

faline
02-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Personally, I wouldn't have gotten past the soaked carpet without asking to be moved to another room. Sorry you were disappointed with your trip.

SBETigg
02-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Personally, I wouldn't have gotten past the soaked carpet without asking to be moved to another room. Sorry you were disappointed with your trip.

Yeah, I'm with you. I don't like to complain either, but that's a potential health hazard and major inconvenience. You shouldn't have had to put up with that. Though I understand that sometimes you just want to relax and let it go. But wow, doesn't sound like a relaxing trip overall. Really sorry. I would write in about it.

Hair_Razor
02-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I'm with you. I don't like to complain either, but that's a potential health hazard and major inconvenience. You shouldn't have had to put up with that. Though I understand that sometimes you just want to relax and let it go. But wow, doesn't sound like a relaxing trip overall. Really sorry. I would write in about it.

Agree, and agree! So sorry you had a bad experience!!

hel5165
02-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Last fall we had a bad experience at OKW resort. I wrote a letter to the CEO of the DVC and outlined all the things that went wrong (a dirty, damaged room).
They need to be informed. Your complaint isn't petty. Wet carpet and roaches; I would have been out of there in a flash.
I think it all comes down to poor training and cutbacks.
I know the All Star resorts are for "teams" but there should be some control. These teams seem to run wild with no respect for other guests.

c&d
02-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your room. The one time there was something wrong with ours (heavy smokers had been there) we went back to main desk and spoke to them. I know we didn't want to but we were really glad when we did. We couldn't have stayed in that room for 9 days with the smell. They moved us to another room, don't be afraid to speak up.

I feel your pain with the cheerleaders. We were at Sports and they were there. We've never stayed there since.

TinkerbellT421
02-15-2012, 09:20 AM

:ditto: Sorry for all the troubles you had this trip. And spiders!?!?! AHHH I would have left the room and never came back :sick:

Wolf
02-15-2012, 11:31 AM
*hugs*

Patricia
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Weird, I had this same problem a few years ago at All Star Music..

Short story: I checked in 1:00 am to soaked carpet and an unmade bed - I had to change my own sheets an hour later when someone finally brought me new ones.. and after getting to bed at 3:00, I was woken up at 3:30 with bed rails that were for another room.

Worst night at Disney. Ever.

But, I'm happy to say I complained the next morning and was moved to Pop Century (the cheerleaders had Music booked) and I had a fantastic rest of my vacation. Also got my money back for the bad night.

Don't give up! I've never had a bad trip since.. Wilderness Lodge was perfect on my last vacation.

Suz36
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience with your room. It sounded so un-Disney! But like you said, at least you still had a good time in the parks. Hopefully you can put this one behind you, and restore the magic at WL!