PDA

View Full Version : Gac

jwildflower1981
02-14-2012, 01:11 PM
My DH has a broken foot, and always will be. He was run over by a flat bed trailor. He has has multipal surgeries and were at a point where its as good as its going ti get until he's older and they can fuse the bones together. He walks ok, so a WC won't be an issue, but simply standing is the worse on his foot. Should I have a Dr note for the Guest assistance card or should I wait in line while he sits and waits until our turn? What does the GAC do? Is it worth getting for this?

BrerGnat
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
This is a very good example of a person who can benefit from a GAC. It will provide an alternate place to wait, many times with seating provided. The wait may be shorter at times, but a GAC is not a front of line pass. Explain the situation to a CM and they will issue an appropriate GAC. However, might want to consider a wheelchair rental anyway, because there is a lot of standing around that occurs outside the realm of attraction lines.

Also, take advantage of Fastpass where available!

Strmchsr
02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I would say an ECV would be even more ideal than a wheelchair. You can take that with you through most lines, too.