PDA

View Full Version : Pin Code

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-14-2012, 06:29 AM
:thumbsup: I received a pin code in the mail yesterday. We had already booked our upcoming April trip with Denise at Magical Journeys. Seeing as how easy MJ makes it I decided to check if this would save us any money.

Denise got back to me within an hour. I gave her the rest of the info she needed and a couple hours later she responded. She had rebooked us with a savings of ~ $300 for our trip.

Woo Hoo. Pin codes and Magical Journeys rocks!:mickey:

disneymom15
02-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Wow $300 is a nice savings.

faline
02-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Congrats on your pin code! :thumbsup:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
I got one last month that saved us $300 WITH a room upgrade to a preferred for my daughter and I's June trip. :) Debbie at MJs rocked!

I will NEVER use anyone other than MJs and will never dismiss Disney snail mail again.

fernsmommy
02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
I just got a pin code today for 20% off the hotel. Karen from Magical Journeys applied it to our reservations in December. I saved $332!

brownie
02-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Moving this one to the Accommodations forum.

forever a child
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
I just got a pin code today for 20% off the hotel. Karen from Magical Journeys applied it to our reservations in December. I saved $332!

Fernsmommy,
could you tell me what dec dates were available to apply your pin code and what percentages for val-mod-delx? I am hoping for a dec pin code too. I have received them for the past two years but I usually get them a little later like april/may. Just curious.

Sounds like everyone has room only pin codes? We have free dinning currently for dates up to June 30th, which I would love to at least use...but I don't think I can fit two trips in this year. :( Still hoping though :blush:

Airblue1
02-15-2012, 09:35 PM
I know Disney doesn't just hand out pin codes, however how do you get a chance of receiving one?
Thanks

brownie
02-16-2012, 11:21 AM
I know Disney doesn't just hand out pin codes, however how do you get a chance of receiving one?
Thanks

It seems to mostly be a mystery. Some people have said they've had luck with saving a quote through the Walt Disney World website. We've received 3 pin code offers in the last 6 months. Before that, I couldn't tell you when the last time was that we received one.

fernsmommy
02-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Fernsmommy,
could you tell me what dec dates were available to apply your pin code and what percentages for val-mod-delx? I am hoping for a dec pin code too. I have received them for the past two years but I usually get them a little later like april/may. Just curious.

Sounds like everyone has room only pin codes? We have free dinning currently for dates up to June 30th, which I would love to at least use...but I don't think I can fit two trips in this year. :( Still hoping though :blush:

The dates on it were for November but Karen was able to use it for my Dec 14-21 dates. It was just 20% off any hotel. It didn't have different percentages for the different levels. I started getting pin codes after we got back from our May 2010 trip.

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I seem to get them when I update info on the WDW parks website. I update my profile and put in when our last trip was. I update my preferences etc. I put in expected dates for my next trip, order new park maps and save offers when looking at resorts and such. To me it seems this is when they seem to start coming. Both by email and by regular mail. I have no idea if this really triggers it, but this is what I think.

Hope this helps and good luck.

disneynarula
02-18-2012, 02:28 PM
My MIL just got one in the mail too. It could be because she ordered a vacation planning video.... for us because they won't ship one to our APO.

renecat
02-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Can anyone tell me the differance between a reg. room and preferred room? Thanks

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Can anyone tell me the differance between a reg. room and preferred room? Thanks
Regular Rooms are usually face the parking lots, are further from the resort amenities, etc. Preferred are (in the instance of POFQ) facing the interior of the resort (Garden View), closer to the amenities, bus stops, pools, etc.