PDA

View Full Version : Late September-Early October

SueQ
02-13-2012, 03:48 PM
How are the crowds usually around this time. And how is the weather?? I want to take my husband there next year. He has only been once and that was back when it was only the Magic Kingdom.

DVC2004
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
It's still pretty warm, 85 degrees and up. There is a good chance it will rain as well. Crowd wise, it is busier these past years with the Halloween Party starting in mid-Sept. and then in October you have Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. I think it's a nice time to go with fun stuff going on. However, it will not be "dead" in terms of crowds. If you want to avoid crowds and not interested in party or the Food fest, early September would be ideal. I like September and October because it is warm enought still to enjoy the pools.

Keep in mind it is hurricane season still. You may or may not experience a storm but it's a possibility.

Strmchsr
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Crowds are not bad. It starts to get crowded that week because of the Food and Wine Festival starting, but it's not horrible at all. Certainly an okay time to go.

The weather is a little iffier. Generally, it's hot and humid. You also get a sea breeze thunderstorm most every afternoon. Those can be intense, but they generally only last 30-45 min. Just plan on taking cover during that time. Highs usually run low 90s (though it can be a little cooler), so if you don't like heat and humidity, wait until November. The other downside is that is still peak hurricane season. Your chances of a hurricane impacting your trip are very slim, but it's still something you have to take into consideration.

NJGIRL
02-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Weekends at EPCOT during Food and Wine is very crowded. The other parks are fine.

Weather is usually very nice during the day and maybe a light jacket at night. It is warm enough for swimming during the whole month of Oct.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-17-2012, 02:46 AM
Have gone almost every Sept/Oct since 2002 and it has always been great! The last few years have definitely been busier though. The Halloween party is worth it just to see the parade! And the Food and Wine fest is great to check out too.

Only once we were on hurricane alert. We were at Fort Wilderness with our trailer and got notice that they were evacuating the campground because of the if trees. We were told to park our trailers altogether in a big parking lot, and we were all being put up in All Star Music. We ended up leaving a day early and driving home as it was at the end of our trip anyway. WDW is definitely on the ball when it comes to hurricanes.

One bad thing is the love bugs. They are harmless but are everywhere in huge numbers. We could never sit on a bench to wait for a bus because they were plastered with the things. Literally thousands of them! But again, they dont bite at all- just gross.

Have a great time!! :mickey:

zipadeedoodah
02-17-2012, 04:14 PM
This is my favorite time of the year to go. It is still very warm usually, but the crowds are low, and I love the fall decorations. We also love the Halloween Wishes show at Magic Kingdom. We don't go to MNSSHP, but try to get ADR at Narcoosee's on one of those nights so that we can still enjoy the firework show! :cloud9: This year we are going 9/23-9/28. Can't wait!

Disney Doll
02-18-2012, 08:59 AM
We have gone several times in late Sept/early October. It's hot and sometimes down right sweltering. We do triple digit temps every summer at home, but it's not so humid. We are always surprised by how hot 90 can feel when you add in that Florida humidity.

That time of year has been getting more popular for sure, but if you go before food and wine starts it's not so bad. I've pretty well sworn off October because the food and wine fest and the Halloween party are both getting so popular that it's too much having both big events happening during the same time period.

ryca1dreams
02-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Most of our trips have been this time of year. I prefer mid-October only because it is a few degrees cooler and nights are awesome.