PDA

View Full Version : June crowds.

caryrae
02-13-2012, 01:04 PM
My parents are taking us to Florida this June. My wife and I have gone most times in Sept/Oct at less crowded times and have never been in June. We are driving down on June 16th and plan to get there on the 19th and stay until the 26th. How crowded can the parks be at the beginning of the School Summer vacation? I know school around here gets out on June 8th.

faline
02-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Pretty crowded. Crowds really begin picking up towards the end of June. I would plan for moderate to heavy crowds and, if the crowds are lower than you expect, that'll be a bonus!

Fangorn
02-13-2012, 01:45 PM
My experience is that the later in June you go, the heavier the crowds get. We've gone the very first week of June and on June 1 crowds were not bad at all (not light, but not bad). Each day, crowds got at bit heavier. By June 8, it was significantly more crowded. We've also gone at the very end of June and crowds were much heavier then.

Steve

caryrae
02-13-2012, 03:24 PM
How does June compare to rest of Summer break, is it more crowded, not as crowded, or about the same as like July and August?

MOJoe
02-14-2012, 11:53 AM
By late June, summer vacation is in full swing, so the crowd levels should be fairly equal from then on. Also, the heat and humidity will have risen, so expect daily afternoon thundershowers.
This time of the year it is important to be at the parks when they open. That way you can experience what you want in the cool of the morning, and be ready for an afternoon break when the temps get high and the storms roll through.

minnie-mouse
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Yes, it is so hot and humid in June, just a warning!

#1donaldfan
02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
The crowds are very manageable during that time frame. It will be busy, very hot and humid, but very fun!!! We've been many times in June. July seems to be our worst time's as the "tour groups" converge on the place.....just plan on going in early, leaving around noon, play in your resort pool for a bit, then go back later on in the evening.....have fun !!:cool:

caryrae
02-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. I kinda figured it would be Hot and Humid. Been several times in Sept/Oct and even then there has been times it was Hot and Humid.