PDA

View Full Version : Cast member discounted rooms with meal plan?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-13-2012, 08:52 AM
I was just asked, by a co-worker, if they stay in a resort under the Cast Member discount, can they still add the dining plan to their package? It seems like as long as they buy a one day park pass, the answer might be yes? I honestly didn't know the answer to this one. Can anyone help?

DizneyRox
02-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I've heard sometimes it's offered, sometimes not. I don't think ticket purchase it tied to the CM offering, but you''ll need to check with the CM as to if they can get it.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Just to clarify-this isn't regarding the free dining, but rather the plan that they would buy.

DizneyRox
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Correct... I was answering CM discounted rooms. "Free" dining for CMs I don't think I've ever heard of.

Honestly, I would always switch away from a CM discounted deal to a general public deal. Given the choice. Tthe discount has not been that different than an AP or similar rate. My last CM room was as far as possile from the front desk and the view was lousy. That has been my experience with most employee discounts. Normal guests typically get the better rooms, etc.

Fangorn
02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
If they have a cast member discounted room, they may or may not be able to add the dining plan. They won't be able to add the normal dining plan. BUT sometimes there is also a CM dining plan offered. The CM that set up the reservation will need to call and check if that is being offered.

IF the CM dining plan is offered for their stay, it can be easily added to the reservation, is NOT part of a package and does not require tickets to be purchased.

I have experience with this, having just done this very thing a couple of weeks ago.

Steve

Fangorn
02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Honestly, I would always switch away from a CM discounted deal to a general public deal. Given the choice. Tthe discount has not been that different than an AP or similar rate. My last CM room was as far as possile from the front desk and the view was lousy. That has been my experience with most employee discounts. Normal guests typically get the better rooms, etc.

Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but this has not been our experience. I have never seen a general discount even close to what we just got in January. As to location, we were put in a preferred room (at regular rate - so I guess we were upgraded) at POP in the 50's building closest to Classic Hall. Previous stays have been pretty much the same.

Steve

On other CM discount stays

wildernesslady
02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm a current CM. As of last week when I checked, the room discount was 50 % and the dining plan was $29.99 for bookings through March 31, 2112. That is a significant savings and could be booked for friends and family. I needed a room for my daughter in April and the CM helping my had to use a different code to get her a discounted room. Friends and Family was not being offered for the date she needed. The dining was not being offered for then. It may be posted later though.