PDA

View Full Version : The Surprise...day 1 arrival

Hair_Razor
02-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Well day one we just are settling down to bed. If you saw the previous thread this is a surprise trip for my DD birthday. We woke up bright and early 6am and told her we were going to Disney she was quite surprised, however I think more excited about flying in a plane for the first time.

We arrive in Orlando a little after 12pm and made our way to our CBR and our room. As soon as we walked into the room it reeked of mildew and mold. I called down right away and asked if they could come address it with a purifier or something. The lady said she would have them come take a look at it. So we went to DTD and grabbed our Earl of Sandwich for lunch and hung out shopping and killing time before our 6PM ressie at Raglen Road. Food was amazing as always love both those places I crave them when I am at home!

We finally get back to the room and jackpot our luggage is there plus an extra..... also our room has not been addressed. So I call the front to let them know about the issues. They offered to put us on another room so we went down to the custom house because I couldn't handle the mold smell anymore it was really getting to my lungs. When we got to the desk she told us the only room available was a Pirate room and they offered it to us no extra charge. So nice of them to accomodate us. I was definitely not expecting that I just was hoping to not be next to the cheer groups. Well it is quiet over at Trinidad South so that is nice and most important I can breath! So resettled by 9pm not the plan for my evening but oh well. Still turned out a great day, and cheerleaders so far not too bad.

emerzmom
02-13-2012, 08:42 AM
It sounds like a good start to a magical vacation. Enjoy!
:mickey:
Julie

faline
02-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Nice bonus in your change of room though it was too bad you had to change to begin with!

Now that you're all settled, the fun can really begin!

mouseketeer mom
02-13-2012, 02:26 PM
A pirate room !!! yeah!

CanadianWDWFan
02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
A good start to your trip, of course without the mold/mildew issues.

buzznwoodysmom
02-13-2012, 02:33 PM
We love the pirate rooms. I do hope you guys didn't mind the location of said pirate rooms. We never cared that the location was far from the pool and food court, but I've heard lots of complaints about the far away location of those rooms.

Sounds like a great day, even with the minor bumps along the way.

Hair_Razor
02-13-2012, 10:22 PM
We love the pirate rooms. I do hope you guys didn't mind the location of said pirate rooms. We never cared that the location was far from the pool and food court, but I've heard lots of complaints about the far away location of those rooms.

Sounds like a great day, even with the minor bumps along the way.

That's funny that you say that I had read the same things and it was a concern. Honestly I couldn't bare the room we were in so I was willing to jump on it regardless. However we have found that the walk is not that bad.

vizsla
02-14-2012, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the report.

SBETigg
02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
First days are always great! Sorry you had issues to work out, but sounds like it's going well.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-15-2012, 01:49 PM
That's cool you got a pirate room

Suz36
02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Sorry you had issues, but the upgrade sounds good! We loved the pirate room, and actually really enjoyed the walk each morning for breakfast.

KylesMom
02-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Glad the air travel was uneventful, you had a few of your favorite "crave at home" meals and they were able to relocate you to a better room. All in all, a good arrival day at the world! :mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Sounds like all in all a good day with the exception of the mold/mildew issue. Glad they took care of that for you also - with the new room.

Disneywarrior
02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Always good to get upgraded! Thanks for the report!