PDA

View Full Version : Help Us Choose A Resort...

Kendall0303
02-12-2012, 08:14 PM
We are planning a trip in early December with our (then) 11 year old and 15 month old. We are looking at the following options...

A repeat visit to the Animal Kingdom Lodge
*Our DD11's Favorite
A repeat visit to the Wilderness Lodge
*Proximity to MK and Holiday Decorations
Beach Club
*Trying something new
Contemporary (Tower Room w MK View)
*Again, something new

So....give me your thoughts on these three at Christmastime and whether we need to stick with old favorites or try something new!

Thank you in advance!

buzznwoodysmom
02-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Normally I'd say try something new, but since it'll be the hoidays I've gotta go with WL. We were just there for Christmas and you can't get more into the holiday spirit than being in that lobby!

wildernesslady
02-12-2012, 08:42 PM
During the holidays you can't beat WL.

AuntLaura
02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Wow - I do like the Contemporary resort, but it would be between WL or BC, in my mind. Tough decision. Beach Club is close to Epcot with the Christmas Fireworks Illuminations, the Christmas decorations at BC, YC, and BW, as well as being close to DHS with the Osborne Christmas lights. I would stay at BC, but go over to WL for dinner some night, and then take a boat over to Fort Wilderness for the Christmas "sleigh ride". That way, you can experience both resorts.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Difficult, even though I don't feel the Contemporary has enough of a Disney feel, it would be hard to turn down a tower room with a MK view but at Christmas you can't beat the decorations at WL....wow, really wouldn't mind staying at BC or AKL either, what a wonderfully difficult choice you have to make:blush:

Kairi_7378
02-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I think in your situation, I'd be trying to decide between WL and BC. WL is so Christmas-y, but I'd love to stay in the Epcot area someday.

brownie
02-13-2012, 12:03 PM
The Beach Club has my vote. I like the carousel they put out for Christmas, you're close to Epcot, and you have some other resorts nearby that you can easily get to in order to check out their decorations.

murphy1
02-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Torn between CR and WL, leaning more to WL b/c it is so cozy, CR seems a bit sterile for that time of year and can get noisy in Chef Mickey's, a very cool place to stay maybe in Summer or another time, and is great for the views (they upgraded us to a tower room and we went to the fire escape and watched the fireworks)

Kendall0303
02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Thank you to all for your thoughts! We have decided to on the Beach Club for our upcoming Holiday stay. We were really sold staying somewhere new and on the proximity to the Holiday happenings at Epcot & Hollywood Studios. So excited! Thanks again!