PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Cards

mom2mickeyfan
02-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew or had any experience with merchandise credit gift cards. Will a merchandise credit card I got from the Disney Store at the mall near me be good at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney?? Was going to save it until our summer trip but didn't know for sure if I would be able to use it. How about inside the park at like CS resturants or stores inside the parks?? Anyone know or have any experience doing this??

TIA! :mickey:

faline
02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
It sounds like this is a credit you received for something you returned? If so, I don't know whether it was put onto a regular gift card or something that limits its use to the Disney store.

Fangorn
02-12-2012, 12:05 PM
It depends on the type of card you have. There are Disney gift cards and there are DisneyStore gift cards. The former will be good at WDW, the latter are good only at the DisneyStore.

Look on the back of the gift card. At the very bottom of the card, a Disney gift card will clearly say, and have the logos for, Disney theme parks, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Stores.

Steve

forever a child
02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
During our May 2010 trip I used quite a few Disney gift cards. Like someone else stated...you have to make sure they are NOT Disney STORE gift cards or credits. But if they are regular gift cards that you order online from Disney or Visa Credit points made into gift cards or the cards you buy at your local Disney Store...then yes you can use them.

Actually, what I did was instead of having a CC tied to my room key, I used the gift cards. I had like over $300 in gift cards so I applied them to my room key and 0 balanced them out. Then used my room key to pay for our dinning and shopping. I had purchased them online from a business that buys and sells unwanted gift cards, so I got them at like 90% of face value which basically gave us a free meal at WDW in savings. I would do it again...no hassles and saved a little cash for us!:thumbsup:

allirae
02-15-2012, 11:28 PM
"Merchandise credit" cards from doing a return at a Disney Store are only good in Disney Store locations - i.e. mall stores. The World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney, or any other theme park store, are not part of the Disney Store chain and therefore the credit will not be good there. Disney gift cards that are sold at the Disney Stores are good at ALL Disney locations, including Disney Stores, Disney Theme parks, Disney hotels, etc.