PDA

View Full Version : upgrading package tickets to AP?

mickeyman42
02-11-2012, 11:33 AM
we have a free dining package booked for aug with 5 day base tickets. can we upgrade these to AP's when we get there but before we use them? I think we can but I'm no longer 100% sure. also, can this be done at the resort or do we have to take out KTTW card to a willcall or ticket window? :mickey:

forever a child
02-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes, you can. You can at any time during your stay. You just need to pay the price difference for the upgrade. I would upgrade at the beginning of your trip since you have base tickets and the AP will allow you to park hop.

We have always taken care of our upgrades at the ticket window. Not sure about the other locations you mentioned.

TinkerbellT421
02-11-2012, 12:42 PM
You can't upgrade tickets to a AP at the resort so you will have to go to one of the Guest Relations in the parks or to the Ticket center.

Fangorn
02-11-2012, 01:16 PM
You can also upgrade at Guest Relations in Downtown Disney. This is what we always do. Coming from the West Coast, we never get in until early evening. That first evening generally consists of going to Downtown Disney, upgrading/buying tickets if necessary and having dinner somewhere there.

There is rarely a line there and I've found the CM's there to be some of the most knowledgeable and competent around.

You don't have to upgrade before you use your tickets. But if you upgrade after you've started using the ticket, the expiration date of the AP will be 1 year from the date of the first use of the ticket - NOT 1 year from the date you upgraded.

Steve

Strmchsr
02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I found this out in September - if you have dining on your package, you will need to wait until you've used up all of your dining credits before upgrading. For some reason, when you upgrade your tickets to the AP it messes up all of your dining credits and everything else in the system. I tried to upgrade my tickets to AP on the first day of our trip in Sept with "free" dining and they told me to wait until the last day. This was unanimous at every Guest Relations I asked. So, be aware you'll need to wait until the end before upgrading.

Briansmom
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
so, say I have 8 day adult park hopper ticket with free dining (which calculating on the Disney site, costs $330) and I use it the whole time I'm there, then on the 8th day I go to guest relations and tell them I want to upgrade to an AP, then I would pay the difference between the original ticket and the annual pass cost ($519) which would be $189. Then I could use it my next trip the next year as long as it is before 365 days from the first day I used the orig ticket? Please forgive....I am slow.

DizneyRox
02-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes, the date of expiration would be 1 year from the day you first used the 8 day pass, NOT the day you upgrade.