PDA

View Full Version : CBR - Your thoughts?

forever a child
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
The last moderate we have yet to visit is CBR. So that is our destination for our Dec trip. I am not sure what I think of the resort. Any thoughts from those who have been guests? Yep, I know it's big, we'll survive. :thumbsup:

Itchy
02-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Well, not to give away my age, but the last time I stayed there was 1992.

We loved the resort even though it was a value so to speak a the time since All Stars were not operating at the time.

We loved how quiet it was in the morning. My daughter and I would walk to the food court for pastries for breakfast. We were in either Barbados or Martinique. We later learned that Martinique was a better area as they were first on the pickup schedule for the buses. They were also close to the food court.

I have since stayed at POR and loved it and would stay there before CBR.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

RAIDER
02-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Ive stayed there 3 times and infact last Dec i went back and went on the boat ride .
Ive always loved the CBR as its a colourful resort and so relaxing ,the private pools are large and if one is busy you can always move onto another .Port Royale were you eat and shop as such is varied ( menus ) ...Overall i love the place . :thumbsup:

SuzieBell
02-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Went in June and absolutely loved it! We got there early (10am) Front desk said it would take several hours for our room to be ready - I requested Aruba 51. Even though they did have another room ready, I was willing to wait and so glad I did. Guest services kept our luggage and they wre vry helpful. By the time we walked around the resort and checked out everything our room was ready! It really only took 30-45 mins. Mousekeeping was awesome and our luggage was brought up quickly!
Yes, it is a big resort, but where we stayed was pretty close to everything. The walk to Port Royale was not that long, maybe 10 mins and it was so pretty and peaceful. Food was good, lots of choices. Tusker House lost DS's B'day pictures, they were to be delivered to the resort at the gift shop and the girls in the gift shop and manager bent over backwards helping us to get our pictures! It took 3 days and we finally got them. DS was almost in tears they were lost and just the sincerity in those girls was magical!
Pools were never very crowed. We even took a paddle boat ride on the lake and were the only one's out there!
Busses - we did have to wait but no more than 15 mins at the most. Just have to time everything, but it was Summer! Sometimes we were the first to pick up and drop off and sometimes we were the last - could not figure out the reason.
Did not have one bad experience there! I would definately go again!

CanadaLovesDisney
02-11-2012, 11:25 PM
We love it!
Don't let the size scare you. How else will you work off all your treats?
It's a gorgeous and generally quiet resort.
Try it!

DizneyFreak2002
02-12-2012, 12:56 AM
I stayed in Caribbean Beach in 2002 and loved it!!! I stayed in the Aruba section... The walk to Port Royale was really only 5 minutes though it felt longer cause I went in the middle of summer during, well, you know how Florida's summer is... The room was always cold when we returned from the parks, which is how I want a hotel room to be when it's hot out...
You will love Caribbean Beach...

lackomar
02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
My wife and I stayed at the CBR for our honeymoon (Jan 1997) and I really liked it. I really can't think of any negatives from our stay.

forever a child
02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Thank you everyone for your posts! I think we will really enjoy our stay there so now I am excited...with a long wait!

DD wants to lounge out on a hammock on the beach. I reminded her that our last Dec trip had freezing temperatures but at least a hammock should be available for her. :D

What did everyone think about the food court? We usually have one sometimes two meals at our resort food court during our stay.

missastrocat
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
I cannot remember where we stayed at CBR but my mom and I liked it a lot. We had dinner there twice and liked the variety of options there.

One thing I really liked was the nice walk along the beach. To me, I would say it is a nice change from the other moderates, especially if you love the Caribbean music piping around the resort. Have a great time!:mickey:

RAIDER
02-14-2012, 03:13 AM
What did everyone think about the food court? We usually have one sometimes two meals at our resort food court during our stay.

The food court is really varied ,you have a salad/healthy booth,pizza ,american and you have a restuarant called Shutters ( ive never ate there ) but overall you do have a very varied menu....Breakfast is very good as well..
Dont worry for a moderate you will be spoilt for choice..Have fun :thumbsup:

mom2morgan
02-14-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm really appreciating this post, since we're doing CBR (hubby and one daughter keen to try it) but Ive been nervous and wondering if I'm making a mistake. I know that having only double beds is one negative.

forever a child
02-14-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm really appreciating this post, since we're doing CBR (hubby and one daughter keen to try it) but Ive been nervous and wondering if I'm making a mistake. I know that having only double beds is one negative.

Right there with you. But since DD and I committed to trying every resort at least once...well, this is our last moderate to check out! :D

Pastcastmember1715
02-15-2012, 08:49 PM

Right there with you. But since DD and I committed to trying every resort at least once...well, this is our last moderate to check out! :D

There are king rooms available for an additional price,DW and I have stayed there at least a dozen times over the years and enjoy it very much. The later in Dec you go the more the crowds will grow. The food court is nice with a nice selection from burgers and pizza to chicken and pasta but breakfast time can be busy as is the buses at park closings. Have a great time. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
02-15-2012, 09:03 PM
We have stayed at all the moderates and I guess you can say overall CBR has been our favorite. I really loved POFQ for its small size, and how charming it was. However, the only moderate we've stayed at more than once was CBR, and we may stay there again in August (still trying to decide if we are going to go through with the trip).

My boy's would pick CBR hands down over any of the other moderate resorts. They love the pool, the pirate rooms, the grounds, the food court, the gift shop, everything. We had great bus service. We ate in the food court several times, tried many different options, and never had a bad meal. Other than an incident with the curtain getting stuck in the door by housekeeping and leaving our door unlocked all day, two days in a row, we had absolutely no other complaints. I think you'll really enjoy it!