PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP

crmark1
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Has Disney done away with offering free DDP. Our last trip was 6/11 and we had free QSDP and upgraded to the DDP. Saved a ton of money. Ive been looking for something for this summer but havent seen anything yet. Also didnt they offer something last late winter early spring?

Strmchsr
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Disney doesn't generally offer summer discounts. They did during the worst of the economic downturn, but you can't ever bank on it. "Free" dining used to be only during the peak hurricane season (late Aug-Sept). Again, they expanded it the last couple of years, but I don't think I would expect to see a continuation of that. With all of the new Fantasyland stuff opening this fall they'll probably attract plenty of folks with lesser discounts. But, only Disney knows. We'll see.

mustBgoofy
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
I had a pin code available for free dining this summer. I didn't see where it was available to the public for my travel dates. So maybe calling and seeing if you have one (I didn't have it in my e-mail, but shortly after calling I did) may help!

BrerGnat
03-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Yeah, Free Dining used to be a VERY limited promotional offer. Disney probably shot themselves in the foot when they started expanding it to different times of the year. Now people just expect it whenever.

It's a discount. They only offer discounts when bookings are down. If they're not, no incentive to discount.