PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex instead of Rainforest?

minnie-mouse
02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
We have been to Rainforest many times. Would you recommend T-Rex for girls? It looks like the food is about the same as Rainforest, so we would obviously be going for atmosphere. Is it really loud in there? Scary for young kids?

#1donaldfan
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
It's not scary at all !! Ask to be seated in the ice cave !!!!!:mickey:

Strmchsr
02-10-2012, 12:22 PM
The only time it's loud is during the meteor storm, and that happens about every 20 min. As you said, food it pretty similar to the Rainforest Cafe. If your girls like dinosaurs, they'll like T-Rex. Otherwise, probably not.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I was underwhelmed with T-Rex. It was fine, but nothing special, and not as cool as the Rainforest Cafe.

Now, if they love dinos, I'd go, otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it and go somewhere else.

MushuGrl
02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
We were in the ice cave - I think the girls will love that. For an adult, it messes with your eyes after a while, but still fun.

I'd put the loudness factor up there with Raintree.

Best convo I had on our last trip - I'm at T-Rex and my mother calls to see if we're having fun.

"Mom, gotta go."

"Why?"

"Meteors about to destroy earth. Call you back when it's over."

"Oooookaaaaaaaaaaay."

RAIDER
02-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Tough one to call ,two years ago i would have saId T-REX as their menu was very good ,but now its gone well down ( ie no more lamb shank for example )......So if i was to go to one now it would be Rainforest by a whisker as i think its better value and less noisy out of the two .

goofygirl67
02-12-2012, 01:42 PM
I love T-Rex. I think the food is better than Rainforest Cafe. I go by myself so I sit at the bar and the seats are more comfortable. The dinosaurs are cool. I don't like the ice room for the color changes. I do however go to Rainforest at AK every trip but T-Rex is my fav.

debbymc4
02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
We took my son when he was 2. He was obsessed with dinosaurs, but he was absolutely terrified. We had to leave. :(