PDA

View Full Version : DBF Won Fantasy Superbowl so "We're Going to Disney World" - Arrival Day!

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2012, 10:22 PM
So DBF won his Fantasy Football Superbowl and when his friends asked what he was doing with his win, "We're going to Disney World!"

Cast of characters are:
DBF
Me

**I apologize in advance for my long trip reports. I am obsessed with writing so I tend to go into a lot of details. :blush:**

Arrival day; January 21, 2012

Well, today is the big day! :cheer: After going to bed last night by 9pm we are up and ready at 3am!! Well DBF was up first, lol, I’m not a morning person, never mind a 3am morning person…. Coffee is perked and ready! :coffee: DBF wakes me up at 4am even though since hearing the alarm at 3 I couldn’t sleep after that with the excitement jitters! Coffee drank, showered, dressed and after a last minute scan of the luggage we are ready to go! Off to the airport we go! YAY! We have been waiting for a year since our last visit and the day is finally here! I’m so anxious and excited I am driving DBF nuts with my nonstop chatter, his thought of bringing tape to tape my mouth shut sounds like a good idea right about now, lol!

Here we are, at the airport, it’s about 20 degrees outside give or take a few, as we take our luggage bags out of the back of the truck, dressed in nothing but jeans, my long sleeve Patriots shirt and these really nice thick sweatshirts we bought at Target two days ago, we can barely feel the cold. All we can think about is how DBF’s iPhone girlfriend Siri told him that today it was going to be 80 degrees when we land! Daydreaming of Disney and 80 degree weather? Who’s cold? NOT ME! (Even though DBF swears I am cold on the equator in July, hm I don’t know what he’s talking about! haha) Well a quick stroll, dragging our luggage along, through the airport garage, to the main sidewalk and there it is the main entrance doors, ahhh just in time, my fingers are numb and I can‘t feel my face, ugh!

Well, we get through the main Southwest line, finalize our check in, DBF is good at these things and had already pre-checked us in 24 hours ago online. That was quick and easy, now for the bags to be weighed. This is going to be tough, whether I pack for a day or for a week, I always over pack, I better have room for my purchases this trip!! 41 pounds! WHEW! That’s the best I have ever done! Usually we have to do the luggage swap right there!! My luggage is actually lighter than DBF’s at 46, how did that happen? HAHA Point and laugh, wow I’m hyper, I really need to calm down. DBF might leave me in this airport and go without me if I don’t stop talking, lol!

Stroll to the security line, get our tickets checked, and stand in line. Why does everyone insist on waiting till there’s this big space waiting for your carry-ons so that now everyone has to wait for you to take of your shoes, take of your belt, empty your pockets. Be a little more prepared will ya! I have Disney waiting for me don’t you know! At our airport they are checking out these fancy X-Ray machines. I don’t get picked for the random check but DBF does, better him than me, no one wants to see that! lol DBF steps in the machine and being the goof ball he is looks at the miserable guy that is looking at the picture and says “Hey, can I have that in an 8 x 10 glossy please, I want to send it to my mom”, well that broke the ice! Every TSA agent within ear shot busted out laughing, hey miserable guy smiled and his face didn’t crack! Then miserable guy says “Your mom doesn’t want this, she will send it back”. That was hysterical! Well now DBF is in the same boat as me, anxious, excited, are we there yet!??!?! We move on and poke around the shops a bit seeing we have an hour to kill. Pick up a couple of gifts for a friend we plan on seeing, bought her a cute little Lobster stuffed animal that says Rhode Island on it’s claw and a mini key chain Lanyard that also says Rhode Island. That done, now, to wait for the plane! While waiting for the plan I start people watching, that’s always fun to help pass the time. While people watching I notice two little Finches living in the airport! How funny!! They obviously have been here a while because they were not even scared of people! People walking by and the birds just sitting there all tiny on the floor watching, patiently waiting for people’s Dunkin Donuts bagels, muffins and croissants to drop some crumbs on the floor. Couple of kids noticed them and decided to do the whole let’s run and catch them thing so then the birds got freaked out flew to their nest in the ceiling and watched us from above.

PLANE IS HERE!!! YAY!!! Well, takes forever to get everyone situated and in line. Southwest makes the announcement about children 4 and under being able to board priority with two parents. Well a woman decides that her 9 year old son is going to be 4 today. I chuckle and just stand observing, thinking to myself, this isn’t going to end well. Well sure enough, she gets up to the boarding computer and the guy denies her simply stating that they have to wait under their numbers, which were apparently C’s because her child was obviously not 4 and under, she actually fought with him for about five minutes how age shouldn’t matter of the child….blah blah blah. Everyone obviously staring at her, others rolling their eyes, I personally would have been embarrassed by the scene she caused. Oh well, that eventually was over and she obviously didn’t win. We finally all get on the plane. Takes everyone FOREVER to sit down, maybe I am just being impatient? I look at our watch, we are already behind schedule. The pilot gets on the phone and makes an announcement that he would like to leave sooner than later to beat the storm (Expecting 6-12 inches of snow today!) and that everyone needs to find a seat and that it is a full plane so any open seat is an available seat for someone. Snow is expected to start falling any minute now.:snowball: I look out the window and sure enough, snow starts coating the run way, AYE! I don’t do planes well, never mind with snow on the ground. Well they make the next announcement that they need to de-ice the plane which will take a few minutes. Ten or so minutes later we are ready to go!

It’s 10am and here we are!! Landed and off the plane! The excitement really starts to boil in me! We take the monorail over to the other end of the airport, get to Magical Express, we are off and on the way to the Boardwalk watching our Welcome to Disney video on the bus. Got to the resort at about 11:30ish give or a take a few. We get to check in and the girl explains that our room is ready, she tells us it’s the farthest building, 4th floor, last room. Eek, that’s far away. We like to take the stairs to the hot tubs and on our way out in the AM for coffees, so we asked if they had anything on the second floor, preferably somewhere in the middle of any side of the buildings. She calls to her manager, who says they will have a room available it’s just not ready yet, so we said fine we will take it, we have chores to run anyhow so just text us when it’s ready. Great, off we go. (continued below)

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2012, 10:22 PM
(continued)

We take a walk over to Epcot to upgrade our current four day park hoppers to annual passes (We will be back in December! DOUBLE YAY!). Go over to Guest Relations. Well after a little hiccup with our Cast Member, for some reason it was $60.00 over what we had budgeted for, we still haven’t figured out how that happened, but doesn’t matter because we had the extra money to cover it. What really almost killed us was when he handed us the annual passes and the expiration date was in four days Thank god I saw the date, I was like ummm we didn’t just pay that amount of money for an annual pass to expire in four days??? He laughed, apologized for the over sight and fixed it, no biggy. Purchased our Tables in Wonderland card with our new AP discount! I sometimes have the unfortunate talent to be able to listen to several conversations at the same time. Well while our CM was fixing his errors and stuff we hear a woman complaining to the manager of guest relations how offended she was that they were just entering the park and a Brazilian tour group got off a bus at the same time they were and all the teen boys were, get this, OUT IN THE OPEN PUBLIC, peeing on the bushes right outside Epcot and how she had to cover her child’s eyes to prevent her child from seeing it. She was clearly extremely upset, and honestly I would have been too. That’s just so disgusting and awful. Then she proceeded to tell them how they ended up entering the park behind her and they were stopped shortly after coming in the park and she was watching them ripping up flowers out of the round circle that is between those tall weird looking things that have people’s pictures and messages on them? I eventually realize she is talking about the round flower bed that is located for a great picture spot facing Spaceship Earth that is located between those Leave a Legacy rocks. Such a shame. So sad and so disrespectful that anyone would do that, never mind people at an “age” where you would think they know better. I could see if a young child 3 or 4 or something would think they are toys and not understand, but teenagers? Really????? :shake: Enough of that negativity, refuse to let it kill my buzz of happiness!

Well, after leaving there we realize it’s getting pretty late, we ride Spaceship Earth, and on our way off we think we should go grab something to eat, tummies a growling and I’m cranky when I’m hungry! We head over to Sunshine Seasons, holy cow, Hello Crowds! Bad idea at 12:30pm…lol so we stroll over to Teppan Edo debating on eating there, eh, nothing either of us are in the mood for right now we decide while looking at the menu. Then it hits DBF like a rock! He looks at me and says “I’m craving some food at Beaches and Cream!” We look at the time, and the weather, realize it’s possibly a shot in the dark because it’s a great pool day which will cause both Beach club Pool and Beaches and Cream to be packed, especially at 1:00pm, well let’s go over and give it a shot, we have to wait for the room to be ready to continue the remainder of our chores anyway. We get to Beach Club and to our stunning surprise there was about 12 people in or around the pool, strange cause I am dieing from the heat right now, I think I can take this sweat shirt off now! When we walk up to the podium outside we ask for a spot for two people and she said “Follow me” we looked at each other like, this is our day for timing! We should play the lottery! One CM was brand new, I could tell from her awkwardness, I whispered to DBF, “Poor girl, first day”, we get to talking to her, it was her first day and she was the sweetest girl! And so funny! She kept saying that she just wants to learn how to make the deserts! But apparently that’s two weeks from today in the “Training schedule” she cannot learn the deserts until then, geez that would kill me! Ice cream & candy = my weakness! Well a couple cheeseburgers with fries and onion rings and two milky way sundaes with our own personal twists on them, we are stuffed! Ahh what a way to start it off. Well by this time it’s about 2pm. Still no room. So we go walk over to the clubhouse at the Boardwalk, see what movies they have for rent. They completely changed all their DVD rentals, they had such a larger better selection of all sorts of movies! Now it is strictly Disney movies and only Disney movies, and most they only have one copy of each now, before they used to have some several copies of several movies. Bummer. Well after walking around 3:30 rolls around and DBF’s phone buzzes, room is ready!

We pick up our key, room 2109, that’s like the perfect room! It’s literally snap dab in the middle of two stairways, the one to the left takes you to the quiet pool area and the one to the right takes you right out to the main pool area. Awesome!!! As we open the door, DBF says “Oh my god, sorry” and starts to shut the door, looking at me with bewilderment he whispers there’s two women in there. What!?!? Well then we hear the woman saying, “No, it’s okay you can come in” Well come to find out she was the housekeeping manager and there was a new CM that started so her and another CM were double checking the new CM’s rooms. So they explained they found a couple of things they wanted to correct if we didn’t mind, Nope go ahead be our guest! A minute later a knock at the door, yay our luggage is here! Well we start unpacking, now it is SUPER official, vacation starts NOW! DBF goes to open the draw of the little bench that is usually near the tall mirror next to the bureau in the one bedrooms, it’s sort of a white looking bench with a little sofa type top, it’s only large enough for one draw, well as soon as he opened the draw we got hit in the face with this awful smell, OMG what is that smell!!! There’s nothing in it, UGH SHUT THE DRAW and never open it again!! Lol We laughed. By this time the CM and housekeeping manager were gone, ah well no biggie.

Well time to get our weekly supplies! We take our roller cart we bought at Target a few months ago, awesome little contraption, has two wheels, decent size and folds up perfectly and barely has any weight so it fit in the bottom DBF’s luggage perfectly. Off to Hess we go. We arrive at Hess and pick up our this-is-all-we-need-and-this-lamp supplies (Sorry movie innuendo lol) Beer, cigs, soda and Pringles haha! :beer: Couple of people were joking around with us saying how they were joining us later for the party lol, we said come on down we will meet you at the Boardwalk! Haha. Back to the resort we go, packed the fridge, took in the sights and excitement and decided I was a little tired! **YAWN** I need a nap. DBF let me take an hour power nap and woke me up about 5 and decided we were going to take advantage of the nice weather and the valuable time we still had left, night was young! Went to the hot tub. Ahhh feels so good! I only get to do this a week a year!

Well day is starting to wind down to an end, around 8 we decide to shower and change and head down to the Boardwalk and soak in a few side shows. Caught the dish trick guy and the whistle sports guy, laughed a bit, got a hankering for a pretzel with cheese! YUMMMMMM!! So we stopped at one of the side carts sat at a bench and yummy that tastes good, tastes like Disney!!

It’s now 11:00pm, give or take. We are exhausted!! I think it’s bed time now, big first full day ahead tomorrow!

CanadaLovesDisney
02-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Great report! Love the detail.
Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks!

vizsla
02-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the report.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Makes me wish I was there!

A good start to your trip, thanks for sharing :mickey:

disney obsessed
02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
too funny, I used that movie reference two days ago! My 18 yr old had no idea what I was talking about.....

sounds like a great start!

yjgirl32
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Great report!

wildernesslady
02-10-2012, 11:33 AM
What a great start to your week.

TinkerbellT421
02-10-2012, 06:09 PM
too funny, I used that movie reference two days ago! My 18 yr old had no idea what I was talking about.....

sounds like a great start!

AHHH Dbf and I love that movie!!! lol Glad someone caught my reference! lol

Thanks everyone :mickey: Sorry for it being a novel :blush:

faline
02-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice first day!

Dopey's Girl
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a great start to your trip!

emerzmom
02-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Sounds like a fun trip so far. Looking forward to more.
:mickey:
Julie