PDA

View Full Version : Am I reading this right?

IloveJack
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
We're 113 days out from our next trip and I keep running things over and over in my head. We're going to be at WDW for 7 days, but I only got 4-day tickets. We're going to IoA for one day, and I want a "down" day to swim and visit Fort Wilderness (which we've never done). However, I am trying to decide what to do with that last day. I've mulled over another day at US, a day at Typhoon Lagoon, another down day (we will have a 3 year old and a turning-1 year old). But last night, I thought about adding a day to our MYW passes for a total of 5 days. That way, we could sleep in, have a leisurely day at a park of our choice, and swim or whatever that night. After checking prices, I see that it's only an $8 difference (per person) in a 4-day base ticket and a 5-day base ticket. Is that right? That'd be cheaper than adding hoppers, going to US, or doing TL. Any help, or other suggestions?

PopPhan
02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
That should be about right for the price difference....additional days, past 3 or 4, get MUCH cheaper.

Now, one thing you must remember is that you cannot use multiple "days" off a MYW ticket to do multiple parks in a single day. For that, you MUST get the Park Hopper option OR additional separate MYW tickets.

As far as your idea to add a day to your MYW tickets and use that day to sleep in, then do a leisure day at a park....I wholeheartedly agree with that option. You might also think about taking some time on your last day to visit Downtown Disney -- shop, get free chocolate at Ghiradellis, etc.....

DizneyRox
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Yep, it's cheap.. But I must reiterate, it's NOT going to work as a replacement for park hopping.

It would certainly be cheaper to stay on site than go elsewhere, and even pay extra for the water parks. It's exactly why the pricing structure is the way it is. Water parks are fun, and people want to go, so they charge accordingly.

IloveJack
02-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the answers. Yeah, I know it's not an alternative to paying for a park hopper, our trip spans enough time to hit EMH at every park, so we're not worried about hopping (especially with toddlers). And although a water park sounds tempting in June, I'm not sure it'd be worth it with little ones. I think we'll add a day and hit up the MK twice. :mickey: