PDA

View Full Version : Tell me all the good/bad stuff.........

r4kids
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
I need to know about staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness. We haven't stayed here before and we are renting a car for the week. Any particular requests for cabins,anything out of the ordinary I need to pack? It will be March 7-13th! Can't wait :) It will be DD11, DD8, self and DBF.

Janmac
02-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Can't tell you any requests as our only request was to be near a camping loop, as some of our party were at the Cabin and some in their own camper. We had rented a golf cart.

We had heard that the Cabins can be dark and brought some night lights with us. We were staying in early December and brought several Christmas decorations, including lights for the deck railings, some inside lights, a small lighted tree and a lighted Mickey head for the back of the golf cart.

Two of the beds are double, not queen or king. One double bed is in the bedroom with the bunk bed. The other double is a Murphy bed in the living room.

We had six - 4 adults - in the Cabin which made for a snug fit. Bit of trouble finding places for everyone's stuff. You should be fine with your 4.

The Cabins have all sorts of little rustic touches - moose switch plates, etc., that are fun. The kitchen and the bathroom were wonderful. Full Mousekeeping every day. Altho one day the Mousekeeper was late because of some VIP person in a Cabin. She was so apologetic but who could complain? We were at Disney and at Fort Wilderness, which is so quiet and pleasant. We had brought bikes one stay at FW. Lots of fun riding in the campground.

Jan

r4kids
02-10-2012, 07:27 AM
This is great!! Thank you for all the info :)

TinaAndGlenn
02-12-2012, 04:54 PM
I have never stayed at the cabins, but have camped at FW many times! My favorite things about staying at FW are: hearing the MK train whistle (depending on where you are located), the smell of the campground, seeing all the wildlife, rocking on the porch near Trails End, sitting on the beach at night for the water parade & seeing MK firewoks, Chip & Dale campfire & outdoor movie! It is such a different experience than staying at a resort-you will LOVE it! Have a great time!

cuteduck223
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
We love it too! We stayed in the cabins a year ago with my parents, adult brother, DD14 adn DD2. We stayed in the back with DD14 and brother on the bunk beds, my parents in the living room and DD2 on the little couch (she didnt want to sleep in the pack and play). We didn't have any trouble. We set up a shower schedule the first night with DD14 and my brother being required to shower at night. My parents kept a different schedule than us, and would get up with us, and stay in jammies watching TV and enjoying coffee while we got ready for the parks. they got ready after we left and met up with us around lunchtime.

We've stayed quite a few times, and every time it's been terrific. The one thing: if you use the busses--learn them quickly. :)

murphy1
02-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I had a girl's trip at the cabins years ago and we all loved it!! They are so much fun to stay in and are pretty spacious. the beds are comfy for the most part and the cooking facilities are good.
I want to stay here again some time, but we always end up at a hotel.

r4kids
02-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Ok this is great! We are very excited to be heading down in 3 weeks!

Mom on a Mission
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
OMG we LOVED FW. But you asked for the good and the bad, so I'll tell you the only bad side I can think of: If you are full out park people, FW might not be for you. If you are get up and go to the park and stay there all day, you will miss the wonderful parts of FW. We stayed three times when our kids were smaller and we loved the chance to come back mid-afternoon and just relax. Play on the playground, go on a pony ride, rent bikes or fishing gear, or just sit on the porch in the big rockers and enjoy the woods. The Chip & Dale campfire/movie is also a must do, and even thought we don't stay there anymore, we still go back to the Hoop Dee Do Review every visit.

Also, having a car is a must, and it's awesome to be able to pull right up to your cabin and be home. No need to park and hike to the hotel room.

Have a Wonderful Time!!

HackLaSalle
02-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Love the cabins! It feels so much less HOTELY than regular resorts. The boat ride to MK is magical. And if you need to just relax at your resort there is plenty to do there as well. I think it's a highly underrated place to stay when you visit WDW.