PDA

View Full Version : Eight Lands to Explore This Summer at DCA - Cars Land Public Opening June 15

Melanie
02-09-2012, 08:28 AM
From Disney Parks Blog:

Today marks the 11th anniversary of Disney California Adventure park, and we’ve got some exciting news to share! When the expansion of the park is complete this summer, guests will have a total of eight themed lands to explore. With the addition of two new areas — Buena Vista Street and Cars Land — and slight changes to the names of some existing areas, the total number of themed lands will increase to eight and include:

•“a bug’s land”
•Buena Vista Street
•Cars Land
•Condor Flats
•Grizzly Peak
•Hollywood Land
•Pacific Wharf
•Paradise Pier

As you already know, each of these lands will be filled with even more to do and see at Disney California Adventure park, including Mad T Party and Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop. All of these new lands and experiences will cap off a five-year expansion which has included the addition of Toy Story Mania!, Mickey’s Fun Wheel, “World of Color,” Silly Symphony Swings, The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, Goofy’s Sky School, Paradise Garden Grill and Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.

The new themed lands will be added to guide maps when the expansion is complete this summer. In the meantime, keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for continued updates on all the new experiences coming to Disney California Adventure park!

So most notably we see Hollywood Pictures Backlot changing to Hollywood Land, Golden State changing to Grizzly Peak/Condor Flats, and the additions of Buena Vista Street and of course Cars Land. Did I get that right?

Speaking of Cars Land, we have from a reliable source that the official public opening will be June 15. I guess we can assume soft openings prior to that.

Very exciting things coming out west! :sun:

BrerGnat
02-09-2012, 09:04 AM
You got it mostly right. Grizzly Peak and Condor Flats have always existed as "lands". The Golden State area was just that small area encompassing the old Golden Dreams theater/San Francisco Street/Golden Wine Vinery area. Now, that area is just sort of meshed with Pacific Wharf and Paradise Pier, since the Little Mermaid ride took over.

And, yes, the media event is "tentatively" scheduled for June 14, but it's still "subject to change" at this point. Hopefully, all will remain on schedule and everything will be done by June 15 for a grand opening. I want to go so badly! :( On the other hand, "grand openings" at Disneyland Resort are INSANITY, so maybe waiting a few months or a year is the prudent decision.

badkitty
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the new Cars Land. I'll be going in July but it may be too insane to see then.

Disney4us2
02-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Here are a few pics. They are of the Carthay Theater and CarsLand under construction.
http://photobucket.com/carslandbuenavista

Chescat
02-21-2012, 12:46 AM
When I just checked how many times I went to the park, looked at the AP stuff for Disneyland and saw this:

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders Merchandise Preview
Where: Stage 17, Disney California Adventure Park

Dates: March 27 to 29, 2012

Times: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Annual Passholders are invited to Stage 17 at Hollywood Pictures Backlot to preview merchandise, food, costumes and more that will be brought to life this summer at Disney California Adventure Park — including Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

This will be the first opportunity to purchase these new items before they hit store shelves. Merchandise being offered will include:

•T-shirts
•Fleece
•Jackets
•Limited-edition pins
•Grand Opening Mickey Ears
•Attraction Posters
•Fleece
and much, much more!

There's no need to sign up! The showcase will be open 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. each day. To see some of the merchandise that will be available, visit Art of Disney Parks. Annual Passholder discounts will apply to all merchandise.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
02-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Thank you for posting about merchandise. I was going to add that information. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Even been saving some cash for some cool stuff in case there is anything.

:smickey: