PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Room Location ????'s

wendybird
02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
My DH, DS and I are planning to book a deluxe room with verandah. Looking at deck 6 or 7. We are LIGHT sleepers and I have a few questions:
1. Most rooms have connections...any problems with hearing your neighbors??
2. If on deck 6 - any noise from showroom or kids programs below you??
3. On deck 6 - it appears the life boats stick out a little just below the verandah...does this affect your view or look weird at all from verandah?? Is deck 7 much better??
Any info would help us with our decision - THANKS!!!!! :mickey:

Ed
02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
We have stayed on both deck 6 (6682) and deck 7 (7182). On both cruises, we were far aft, deck 6 on the starboard side, deck 7 on the port side. Being that far back, the lifeboats were not an issue at all. Noise from neighboring cabins was non-existant, and we heard no noise from any of the clubs.

Our deck 7 cabin (7182) had a partially obstructed verandah; about half of the verandah had a steel wall top to bottom. While we didn't particularly like that, we spend so little time in the cabin that it really wasn't all that bad.

ElenitaB
02-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Not sure if you're talking about the Magic/Wonder or the Dream/Fantasy... we stayed in 6062 on the Wonder a few years ago.

We heard no noise from our neighbors, from above or below us, or from the hallway in spite of the fact that we were pretty close to the mid-ship elevators. We were able to see a bit of the lifeboats if we looked straight down but it was not much of an issue.

Personally, I really liked the cabin location and would book it again in a heartbeat. :cloud9:

wildernesslady
02-08-2012, 09:16 AM
We booked a guaranteed verandah room and wound up with a room directly off the main elevators. We never heard any noise from it. The connectind door was not an issue either. The only noise we ever heard was during the day there were kids on the balcony above dragging their chairs on the verandah. We were on deck 8 mid ship and could see part of the life boats.

wendybird
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Not sure if you're talking about the Magic/Wonder or the Dream/Fantasy... we stayed in 6062 on the Wonder a few years ago.

We heard no noise from our neighbors, from above or below us, or from the hallway in spite of the fact that we were pretty close to the mid-ship elevators. We were able to see a bit of the lifeboats if we looked straight down but it was not much of an issue.

Personally, I really liked the cabin location and would book it again in a heartbeat. :cloud9:

Oops - I am asking about the Dream...sorry I forgot to mention that.

DVC2004
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
I just got off the Dream on Sunday. We were on deck 9 and had an inside room this trip- so I can only answer one question about the connecting room and noise. We did have a neighbor next door but I never heard them. I did sometimes hear people outside in the hall, but overall I was not woken once from noise. I'm a light sleeper, too, even moreso when I am away from home.