PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen any rumors?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Has anyone seen rumors about the current Kim Possible Mission Impossible at Epcot going away from Kim Possible to Agent P from Phineas and Ferb?

Ian
02-07-2012, 01:47 PM
No, but this would make my family very happy!

floridamom
02-07-2012, 02:01 PM

Ditto!

AgentC
02-07-2012, 02:02 PM

Mine too! How fun would it be to battle Dr. D?

Fangorn
02-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I haven't heard anything about it, but it would certainly be a great idea. It would seem to be a relatively inexpensive way to update a fun experience and make it more relavant to the current kid base (and a heck of a lot more parents). I can imagine some incredibly funny gags along the way.

But given Disney's penchant for waiting until a franchise has pretty much gone the way of the dodo before they use it in any serious way, I wouldn't expect to see anything along this line for several more years.

But I can hope.

Steve

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-07-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't remember where I saw it originally - may have been a friend that has a child working at Epcot. But if you google it - its all over the other blogs.

My family would LOVE the change.

buzznwoodysmom
02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
My boys have loved the Kim Possible "game" in Epcot. However, now that they've done all the different "missions", several times each, they seem to have lost interest in it on our past few trips. I think a P&F update would totally pull my boys back in.

Niecyboo
02-07-2012, 02:18 PM
My son would love this! My girls loved Kim Possible when this started, and now they are older and my son is all about Phineas and Ferb. In fact, we just got his Valentine's cards last night, and guess who?

Also, it will be fun watching people try to find it. "Where's Perry?"

DizneyFreak2002
02-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Has anyone seen rumors about the current Kim Possible Mission Impossible at Epcot going away from Kim Possible to Agent P from Phineas and Ferb?

Yep.. Heard about it.... Not sure when the change over is happening though... But it supposedly IS happening...

lighteningqueen
02-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes, I heard it from a manager at POP the last night we were there Jan 27.. I was kinda complaining we did not enjoy Disney this time. He agreed it is time for huge changes He and his wife work for Disney but their kids are more into Universal for better rides. He thinks Disneys next move should be a teen part of the park.. I have to agree... Sad I don't want to go back anymore or at least 4-5 years..But we did Kim the first time with our grandson and it was fun did it 3 times that day.. I hope the next one is good as well.

TheVBs
02-08-2012, 07:44 AM
We did a few Kim Possible missions on our last trip, and the girls had fun. But, they would LOVE something like this! :mickey:

Jared
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
This is happening. It's just a matter of when.

DizneyFreak2002
02-08-2012, 10:29 PM
This is happening. It's just a matter of when.

I hear by the end of the year... :)

seanyred
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
I hope this is true.

BrerGnat
02-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Kim Possible is SO two years ago. ;)

I'd like to see this change, and along with it, do something about those "kimmunicators" so they aren't so DANG LOUD! We were actually disturbed by the volume on these things when others near us were doing the missions in WS on our last trip.

Dyanna
02-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes I have been reading about the change & it may be as early as this fall.

disneymomma2010
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Oh my gosh my boys would love this! :D

dizneydeb22
02-09-2012, 11:26 AM

:ditto:

Wolf
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Yall would totally see a 25 year old girl freaking out if they put something Agent P into WS....Don't laugh to hard when you see me flailing about it lol :blush:

DizneyFreak2002
02-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Yall would totally see a 25 year old girl freaking out if they put something Agent P into WS....Don't laugh to hard when you see me flailing about it lol :blush:

You won't be the only one... :thumbsup:

Ian
02-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Mine too! How fun would it be to battle Dr. D?I'd prefer to take him out for a beer. :beer:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-14-2012, 03:00 PM

DH is totally hoping that this is true ... he is more excited than DD, although I think we'd all enjoy this.

AgentC
02-14-2012, 03:13 PM
I'd prefer to take him out for a beer. :beer:

I have a soft spot for Dr. D myself. :D

fernsmommy
02-14-2012, 04:09 PM
We've never done the Kim Possible Missions. My girls are too young to know about her but they love Phinaes and Ferb! I have to admit that DH and I love them too! I think it would be awesome! I hope it will be changed over by the time we go in December!

Bethis26fan
02-14-2012, 05:56 PM
My nephew would love this.

darthmacho
02-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Nothing against Phineas and Ferb, but I'm partial to redheads, even cartoon ones. :(

DisneyGiant
02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I haven't heard anything about it, but it would certainly be a great idea. It would seem to be a relatively inexpensive way to update a fun experience and make it more relavant to the current kid base (and a heck of a lot more parents). I can imagine some incredibly funny gags along the way.

But given Disney's penchant for waiting until a franchise has pretty much gone the way of the dodo before they use it in any serious way, I wouldn't expect to see anything along this line for several more years.

But I can hope.

Steve

This gave me a chuckle (bolded for emphasis)!

Sure hope this is sooner rather than later. Would be a lot of fun!!!

WDWRox
02-21-2012, 03:54 PM
By early-to-mid summer of this year, Kim Possible should be getting re-themed. That's the last I heard. I like the idea of them having something along those lines in each park, but not necessarily with that sorcerer **** they have going on at MK. Not all parents approve of their kids getting involved in sorcery and spells and that junk.

PopPhan
02-22-2012, 09:35 AM
By early-to-mid summer of this year, Kim Possible should be getting re-themed. That's the last I heard. I like the idea of them having something along those lines in each park, but not necessarily with that sorcerer **** they have going on at MK. Not all parents approve of their kids getting involved in sorcery and spells and that junk.

No offense intended, but I find this a laughable statement (bolded above) in that 50% - 90% of Disney stories are magic related -- Princesses & Fairy Godmothers; Sorceror Mickey; the Magic Kingdom; etc......If parents are disapproving of the game, I would think they would be disapproving of Disney altogether.

dizneydeb22
02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
No offense intended, but I find this a laughable statement (bolded above) in that 50% - 90% of Disney stories are magic related -- Princesses & Fairy Godmothers; Sorceror Mickey; the Magic Kingdom; etc......If parents are disapproving of the game, I would think they would be disapproving of Disney altogether.

:exactly: If you're not into it, don't do it!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-22-2012, 10:26 AM

Oh, let's see, Sorcerers that change humans into Fish, Birds (Sword in the Stone) - Wicked witches that take voices (Little Mermaid), Good witches that change pumpkins into carriages (Cinderella), Fairy God mothers that protect a young girl (Sleeping Beauty).....Most of the Disney movies that my generation fell in love with and have introduced to our children have "Sorcery and spells and that junk." If that offends, then the products of the Disney company should not be to your liking.

WDWRox
02-23-2012, 07:52 AM

Actually that statement is absurd. Not all things that involve magic necessarily involves witches and sorcery. Look at "Tangled", for example.....there's no witch or sorcerer there, certainly not like the Wicked Queen from "Snow White" or even like Jafar from "Aladdin". Parents have a right to be choosy over what their kids get involved with. It wouldn't necessitate their being disapproving of Disney altogether.

WDWRox
02-23-2012, 07:56 AM
If that offends, then the products of the Disney company should not be to your liking.

That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say. There is still a great deal produced by the Disney company that has nothing to do with that garbage....i.e. Toy Story, Nemo, Bambi, WallE, etc...etc...etc...

disneynarula
02-27-2012, 12:27 PM
My boys would love it. Is Kim Possible even on Disney Channel in reruns?

Maybe Dr. D could make a "long line intator"!

There aren't any shnitzel street vendors in World Showcase are there?

AgentC
02-27-2012, 01:20 PM
There aren't any shnitzel street vendors in World Showcase are there?

I think you just came up with a tie in for Germany. :)

iluvdumbo
03-12-2012, 09:38 AM
I am 18, but I will completely flip out if Phineas and Ferb comes to Epcot!! I liked KP, but the new generation doesn't know KP like my generation does. I am taking my best friend with us on our December trip, and she hasn't been there in roughly fifteen years and is obssessed with P+F, so I'm kind of excited.

:dumbo:

Super Ninja
03-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Actually that statement is absurd. Not all things that involve magic necessarily involves witches and sorcery. Look at "Tangled", for example.....there's no witch or sorcerer there, certainly not like the Wicked Queen from "Snow White" or even like Jafar from "Aladdin". Parents have a right to be choosy over what their kids get involved with. It wouldn't necessitate their being disapproving of Disney altogether.

It's called the Magic Kingdom. The word is right there in the title. You may as well argue that Burger King should stop selling burgers.

And this would harm kids in no imaginable way. Magic isn't real. A kid isn't going to read Harry Potter and start up a career in black magic and broom riding, because those things don't actually exist.

If you want religious-correct entertainment options, you have plenty of other choices. But you don't have to ruin the fun for everyone else. I think Disney has been pretty clear about this since the 50's. He was an atheist and the park is secular.

RBrooksC
03-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I just read where they are planning on updating Kim Possible with an Agent P adventure.

Super Ninja
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Which is kind of sad because Kim Possible is more interesting imo. Phineus and Ferb is kind of hokey.

RBrooksC
03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh, I don't think it is sad. I think it is rather smart. P&F have more of a child/adult crossover appeal. Also, P&H are one of the hottest properties Disney has and should be for a long time.

Also, with how everything Dr. Doofensmirtz does going awry, it could help create funny scenes.

Both of my kids are very much into P&H and I watch it with them. I am looking forward to going back to WDW and trying this with them.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Which is kind of sad because Kim Possible is more interesting imo. Phineus and Ferb is kind of hokey.

I don't know - a kids show that involves 2 intelligent kids involving their friends in elaborate building and play (most outside), a platypus for a secret agent and a bumbling "villain" (he's not as villainous as some are).......I love the show.....And because of that show, my youngest spent 2 summers ago with his friends trying to build elaborate structures in our backyard. Far better than sitting in front of a PS3 or Wii.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-13-2012, 03:57 PM

Wait just a second - "Tangled" - the old woman stays young because of a MAGIC flower - it even involves an INCANTATION (the song). Sorry, but while they may not call Mother Gothel a witch, there is still magic, incantations, etc. involved in the movie. As with many fairytales, magic is still involved, but it is a work of fiction and called a FAIRYTALE.

brownie
03-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Looks like it's happening. This was just announced on the Disney Parks Blog:

Coming Soon to Epcot: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/coming-soon-to-epcot-agent-ps-world-showcase-adventure/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29)

Super Ninja
03-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Looks like it's happening. This was just announced on the Disney Parks Blog:

Coming Soon to Epcot: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/coming-soon-to-epcot-agent-ps-world-showcase-adventure/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29)

This is unfortunate. I guess Kim Possible never got a ton of support from Disney, they like canceled it prematurely at some point. It was nice to see something action based with a female main character as opposed to a token female character to supplement the males that do the actiony things.

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2012, 05:27 PM
I just read where they are planning on updating Kim Possible with an Agent P adventure.

Yep, it is official... Disney announced it today...