PDA

View Full Version : Questions

jetsdc
02-07-2012, 12:21 PM
OK - couple of last questions for the experts here:

1) If we have Hoop De Doo and CRT reservations, which we paid for in advance, where do we pick up the "tickets"? Can you do this at your resort at check-in?

2) For the Jedi training at HS, I know the kid has to be present at sign-up with the parent, but do you need your park tickets? Or can the other parent take all the tickets to get Fast passes for Toy Story Mania at the same time?

3) Do they cancel Fantasmic if it rains? Or only if it is severe weather?

Thanks in advance to all of you -- the best helpers on the Internet!

PopPhan
02-07-2012, 01:15 PM
1) You can (and should) pick up your 'tickets' for HDD (and most probably CRT) at the concierge desk in your resort.

2) I don't know this, as we have no kids. Sorry! However, I would think not, as you have already used your ticket to get into the park.

3) Depending upon when the rain is 'supposed' to end, they may still hold Fantasmic! on a rain day. I have been there when it rained up to 10 minutes before the scheduled showing and they began shortly after the rain cleared. If it is actively raining at, or just before, showtime, they will cancel. Definitely cancelled in severe weather situations - thunderstorm, high winds, etc.

Strmchsr
02-07-2012, 03:24 PM
2) For the Jedi training at HS, I know the kid has to be present at sign-up with the parent, but do you need your park tickets? Or can the other parent take all the tickets to get Fast passes for Toy Story Mania at the same time?

Your other two were answered, so I'll just add in here, no, you don't need your ticket. We usually do it the way you suggested. DW takes my boys to sign up for Jedi Academy while I do the Running of the Bulls...I mean get fastpasses for TSM.

gaffz70
02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Omg, I can't believe I never heard of this Jedi training academy...how do you sign up? It looks like they only take 15 kids per session, is it hard to get into?

Thanks for any info

Altair
02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
We sat though Fantasmic! in a steady rain, but as soon as there was lightning the show ended. :umbrella:

Strmchsr
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Omg, I can't believe I never heard of this Jedi training academy...how do you sign up? It looks like they only take 15 kids per session, is it hard to get into?

You sign up by going over to the old Sounds Dangerous area (in between Indy and Star Tours). You pretty much need to go straight there at opening as it fills up quickly. Generally within 90 min (max) of park opening all the shows for the day are full.

One other way to get into the show is to be an "alternate". If you come after the shows are full they will assign your child a number. If there are, for instance, 3 no-shows for a show, then they will call out the numbers of the alternates. The three lowest numbered alternates will be taken for the show. So, if 4 alternates are there, 1, 2, 3 will be taken and 4 will not. The CM's generally do a good job of telling you, hey we only have x number of slots left and there are already alternates in front of you, so you don't have to wait around.